Lost

Alex POV:
I had a lot of fun at the studio with Chris. I feel as if we got to bond and I got to know the guys a little better. When we got home, I realized I'd been having such a great time that I hadn't looked at my phone in hours.

I take out my phone to see I have 32 new text messages. I unlock my phone to see that it was from the group chat. My friends and I are always in a group chat together but ever since what happened over the summer, they made a new group chat without me. Now that we're good again they started back using the old chat. What's also good is that no one added Wendee to the chat. I think they forgot but that is perfectly fine with me.

G: guys is it okay if I add Wendee?
T: yeah
J: that's fine
Laur: why wouldn't it be okay?
Leah: sure
G: Alex?
T: I think she's busy
G: oh okay. I don't think she'll mind

He didn't think I'd mind? No go ahead and add the girl who told the whole school about my family situation and who's dating the guy I like. I could feel my face burning up but I continued to read the conversation.

unknown number: hey guys
Laur: hiiiii
T: hey :)
Leah: hello Wendee
J: what's up?
unknown number: nothing much
G: babe
unknown number: yes Gavy Wavy?
G: love you
unknown number: love you more
Leah: awwww
Laur: how sweet
T: goals af
J: not more goals than Alex and I
unknown number: yeah you guys are so cute together
unknown number: where is she?
Laur: idk we think she's busy
unknown number: we should all go on a double date
J: yeah that sounds like fun
G: idk it may be awkward cause she used to like me
J: dude, she's over you. If she wasn't she wouldn't be with me
T: or she could be trying to make Gavin jealous. But I doubt it. She isn't like that.
Leah: Taye!
T: sorry
J: Alex?

My hands began to shake. They were on to me. If I admit Taye was right, they'll hate me again. But if I go on the double date, I'll be miserable. Then I came up with an alternative.

me: hey guys, sorry I was out with Chris. What Taye said obviously wasn't true. I'd love to go on a double date with you guys but I can't. I have to focus on school work.

That should do the trick. Even though I felt really bad. I did like Jonsey, but not the way he liked me. I only liked him as a friend. Besides, he would make a better couple with Taye. They both like screamo music, scary movies, and shopping at hot topic. Before I knew it, that chat was flooding with texts.

J: c'mon it will be fun!

unknown number: school work? school just started today. And tomorrow is Saturday.

G: yeah, we don't even have a date yet.

Laur: guys did you forget she's one of the few of us that have a job? Other than me.

Leah: well since she works at a restaurant, why don't you guys have the date there.

T: can you do that Alex?

They're really trying to get me to go on this thing aren't they?

me: I actually quit.

unknown number: so that means you have more free time?

me: for school work. I need to get into a good college.

unknown number: why are you worried about college when college prepares you for a career to make money? Your dad already has a lot of money.