Death and All His Friends

After the whole blowout I had with Gavin, I realized that I couldn't go home. Chris and Gwyneth probably hated me and I wasn't going to apologize because I still felt the way I did. 2 hours had gone by and I was starting to feel lonely. I decided it would be best if I just went to work. Luckily for me, my job was a few blocks down from the church. After 10 minutes of walking I finally got there.

"Hey Alex", my boss Bailee greeted me. I hadn't been at work in almost 4 weeks so I was praying for dear life she wouldn't fire me.

"Hey Bailee", I smiled.

"Where have you been? We haven't seen you in a while?"

"Well my mum actually passed away 2 weeks ago.", I replied. That wasn't the exact reason why I hadn't shown up to work but at least I wasn't lying.

"Oh, Alex! You poor thing! I'm so sorry! Why are you here? You should be mourning with your family? And why didn't you call?"

"I'm here because I really need the money. Sorry I didn't call."

"Oh it's alright I suppose.", she sighed. "Just try not to let this happen again. Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you so much.", I hugged Bailee and then went to go put on my uniform." I finished changing and asked her what to do next.

"Alright, um....go waite for them over there", she says pointing to a booth in the corner by a window.

As I got closer and closer I began to realize that I knew the people sitting in that booth. It was Chris, Gwyneth, Gavin, Jonsey, Taye, Leah & Lauren.

I quickly turned right back around towards Bailee. "Yeah, I think you're right. I should be spending time with my family. I'll be back next week."

"Okay bye Alex. Feel better. You have my condolences."

I hurried out of the restaurant and decided I should go to Chris' house and get my stuff. It was a 45 minute walk but I believed I could make it before Chris got home because they were just getting to the restaurant and hadn't even ordered their food. And it would still take time for their food to be made.

I began on my 45 minute walk and made it home before Chris & Gwyneth. I grabbed a duffel bag and put a whole bunch of random things that I thought I'd need in it. Just then I heard a car pull into the driveway and I knew that was my queue to leave. I threw my duffel bag out the window and snuck out the back door right before they made it in.

I really had no idea where to go so I ended up hanging out at a 24 hour diner down the street. I sat down at a table and ordered myself a cup of tea and a biscuit. I was looking down at my phone when all of a sudden, someone had plopped down at the seat in front of me. I looked up and made eye contact with a beautiful red-headed boy with baby blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm Ed", he smiled