Twisted Logic Part 3

Alex POV:
I hid out in the bathroom until Phil told me he was here. I made a run for it and luckily no one was outside when I left.

"What happened?", he asked as I hopped in the car.

"Sydney. This girl. Evil. Pizza Hut.", I panted as I tried to catch my breath. That running really wore me out.

Phil just looked at me. I could tell he was trying to hold back his laughter. "Could you speak English please?"

I took a deep breath and began again. "I met this girl today. Her name is Sydney. She just moved here from New York. We got on pretty well and were even going to hang out later. So in the bathroom as I'm in the stall I hear her and Pizza Hut plotting. Basically my old friends set her up to befriend me then hurt me."

"Pizza Hut?", he seemed confused. I guess only me and my father got that joke.

"I meant Wendee. That isn't even the best part."

"What else happened?"

"Sydney and Wendee are sisters."

"Get out! How did you not know that?"

"Well I actually just found out myself. In the bathroom I heard one of them say "see you at home." My guess is they have the same Dad and different mums. Mainly because Sydney is mixed race."

"That's unbelievable!", he exclaimed.

"I know. I knew it was too good to be true.", I shrugged. I had to admit: sure I was a little upset but compared to all of the other things that happened, it didn't seem as bad.

"Where are we going?", I turned to him.

"I'm dropping you home. Chris and the guys need me at the studio right now. Don't worry though, I'm coming by to hang out with your father afterwards."

I simply nod. "Thanks Phil. You don't understand how grateful I am for you."

"No need to thank me. I'm your godfather. As a part of that I'm supposed to be here for you. Your father wouldn't have chosen me if he didn't think I could help you. Which reminds me. How are things between the two of you?"

"We're still not talking. We're merely just two people living under the same roof at this point."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know.", I lied knowing damn well I did. I was stubborn and he was a know-it-all.

"Mhm. Tell me when you do know. Try to have a good rest of your day, love.", he said as he pulled up to my house.

"No promises.", I teased getting out of the car.

When I got into the house I couldn't feel more relieved. I took 3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream along with the rest of my red velvet cake. I plopped down on the couch in front of the telly and watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Eating my pain away made me feel a lot better. As I began to get comfortable, the doorbell rang. I opened the door, my eyes in disbelief.