Moment of Truth

Hey guys first let me just start off by saying I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've just been extremely busy and tired lately. Anyway moment of truth was a long chapter so I divided it into a part 1 and 2. Enjoy! ~Lexi

When I got back to Chris' house I called Gavin up right away. I needed to know what was going on with my friends.

"Hello?", he answered the phone sounding as if I had just woken him up.

"Did I wake you?", I asked trying to sound polite even though I didnt care if I woke him or not."

"Nah, you just caught me in the middle of a yawn"

"Oh, okay. So what's up with the crew? Why do they hate me so much?"

"Well aparently ever since you've been hanging out with your dad, you've been blowing them off."

"What?"

"I mean they're kinda right. You were supposed to watch Alana for Jonsey while he went out with that foreign chick, but since you didn't show up he had to cancel.

"Oh yeah, I did say I would do that", I mumbled instantly feeling really bad.

"You also said you were going to go to the mall with Lauren to help her pick out an outfit for a party she was going to and do her make-up but since you were no where to be found she ended up going with Taye. And Taye's fashion sense is terrible, so you know Lauren's outfit was a disaster.

"Okay, okay, I know I broke some promises with Jonsey & Lauren, but then why are Leah and Taye mad at me?", I asked hestitanly

"Leah isnt mad at you, she just doesnt want Lauren to hate her if she talks to you. And Taye? Well she thinks you're ruining her chances with Chris. Did you forget how madly in love she is with him? You haven't even invited her to Chris' house so they could chat some more. Not that she had a chance anyway....isn't he married?"

"Yup, and has 3 kids"

"Oh cool, I guess", he paused not really knowing what to say next.

"Well thanks Gav", I said breaking the awkward silence.

"No prob Alex. I'll talk to you later. Alright?"

"K bye"

"Bye"

After I got off the phone with Gavin I realized he was right. I had been blowing my friends off to spend more time with my dad. I need a compromise so I can have an equal amount of time with my friends and my dad.

I went downstairs to find Chris, Gwyneth, Apple, and Moses downstairs watching Frozen. It was about 8:30 ish and I was ready to go apologize to Lauren first and hopefully make it up to her by taking her on a shopping spree.

"And just where do you think you're going?", Chris asked looking over at me reaching for the doorknob.

"To Lauren's place"

"Um no you're not"

"Uh yes I am"

"Alex I said no. It's getting late"

"Late? It's only 8:37?"

"Your dad's right", Gwyneth cut in. "It's not safe for a teen girl to be out that late"

Who the fuck asked you, you annoying little twat?

"But I already told her I was coming over", I lied.

"Well then you'll just have to cancel.", Chris answered popping a potato chip in his mouth.

"Ugh", I growled going back up the stairs.

I ran up to my bright teal bedroom and then came up with a great idea. Since my window has a balcony and I have a ladder in my room from putting up posters on my walls, I could just sneak out the window.

I quickly opened my window and threw the ladder down perfectly so it connected with my balcony. Then carefully I climbed down it and began to walk to Laur's house before it got dark. She didn't live too far away from there and we could take the bus to the mall. I would be back home before I knew it and Chris would never know!

*Lauren's House*

I get to her house in 15 minutes and rang the doorbell. Luckily Jess opens the door and lets me in so Lauren will have no choice but to face me.

I made my way up to her room to find her on her MacBook cruising through her twitter timeline.

"Lauren I am SOOO sorry I blew you off it's just that I got so caught up on getting to know Chris I just forgot about everything but I promise it'll never happen again I love you guys and you know without you guys I wouldn't be anything", I stopped catching my breath cause I was speaking so fast.

"It's okay Alex", she sighed. "I guess I can't be too mad at you cause if I was in your position I would be doing the same thing."

"So are we cool", I nervously muttered.

"Yes Alex"

"Great because guess who's about to be taken on a shopping spree?"

"OMG ALEX ARE U FORREALZ?"

"Yes I am forrealz"

"So whatcha waiting for?" , she asked. "Come on let's go!"

Lauren grabbed her purse we ran downstairs and out the front door heading towards the bus-stop.

I only had one concern at that moment; did I lock my bedroom door before I left? Oh well!