Moment of Truth Pt. 2

Chris POV:

I honestly felt like I was a little too hard on Alex. I haven't been there for her and we're just starting to get to know each other. I don't want her to get hurt so I'll do all I can to protect her. But at the end of the day she is growing up so I can't be too over protective. She deserves a little more responsibility so I'm going to let her go out with her friend tonight as long as she's back by 11. That seems fair right?

I head up the stairs to her room and knock on her door.

"Alex?"

"Alex?"

"I have good news"

Tired of waiting I swung her door open to get a huge surprise. She's not in the room.

"What the-?", I stop myself from cursing. "Where could she be?"

Just then I notice her window is open but her room is on the top floor, so it's too high to jump. I take a closer look to realize that she had put the huge ladder she had been using to hang posters at the tip of her balcony so should could climb down the balcony. Really Alex? How could she disobey me?

"Honey I'll be right back", I yell to Gwyneth as I head back down stairs straight for the door.

"Why was wrong?", she gets up looking worried. She's so beautiful and it hate seeing her sad or worried.

"Alex snuck out"

"Oh really? When she gets back here, she's gonna be in so much trouble", Gwyneth paused.

"I don't even care about that right now. I just wanna make sure she's safe.", I say right before I leave.

I get into my car and make my way to Lauren's house.

Alex POV:

Laur and I only got to spend a half hour at the mall before it closed but that was better than nothing. As we walked back to her house, I saw a familiar black Range Rover pull up in her driveway. Oh shit. Was it...

Chris POV:

I got to Lauren's house just in time to find her and Alex walking towards the house on the sidewalk. I waited in the driveway until they walked up to the car.

"Hey Mr. Martin", Lauren greeted me as we all came face to face.

"Hi sweetie"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE", Alex asked furiously.

"I could ask you the same thing"

"Well is it a sin I just wanted to hang out with my friend?"

"No, it's a sin that you snuck out and disobeyed me when I said you couldn't go. Now say bye to Lauren and get in the car. You've had your fun."

"No."

"Listen to me. Get in the car."

"Why should I?"

"Cause I'm your dad and I know what's best for you."

"Dad? Do you really wanna go there?"

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't even known you for a year...scratch that I haven't even known you for a month and you wanna call yourself my dad? Sure your sperm created me and all but you have never been in my life. And now all of a sudden when I'm about to turn 18 in two years you wanna appear out of no where and raise me? That isn't much of a dad to me."

"ALEX!", I snapped. "GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!"

"Go to hell Chris. I realized getting to know you was a mistake. I've been spending so much time with you I've been blowing off my friends, the only people who are relevant to me."

I sighed. Alex's words stung. Not just because they were true. Because they were hurtful.

"Ya know what? You got your wish Alex. I'll tell your mum to get all your stuff from my house tomorrow and you can move back in with her. I'm sorry I ever tried to be there for you. Have a good life."

I began to pull out of Lauren's driveway when I felt myself getting teary-eyed. Ever though I was never there for Alex that never stopped me from loving her. Sure, I wasn't around as much as I should've but that is one of my biggest regrets in life. It hurts a lot to know that Alex really feels that way about me. I thought we were really hitting it off.

My eyes began to water more and more to the point where I couldn't see. I wiped my eyes but each time they would water back up again and I didn't even have a tissue.

Next thing I know...

BOOM!