Talk Pt. 1

Chris POV:

"She's dating Jonsey.", he says in shock.

"Alex?", I ask.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?" This wasn't adding up.

"Yes. They're crazy about each other. Well at least that what I thought."

"Well if this is true she never told me this."

"It is true. No wonder she didn't want to go on the double date."

Suddenly this is all adding up. She was dating Jonsey to try to make Gavin jealous.

"Actually, she told me this months ago.", I lie. "A little before the funeral. Maybe she's a little nervous to tell me about her and Jonsey."

Gavin nodded. "Okay. I get it now. I thought she told you this recently. I knew that. But things are different now. I don't have feelings for her nor does she have feelings for me."

Was I this oblivious when I was a lad?

"Sorry for the confusion."

"No it's fine.", he insists. "Just don't tell Alex that I told you about her and Jonsey."

"The secret is safe with me. I'll see you later, Gavin.", I say patting his shoulder.

That was a close one. I guess I'm gonna have to tell Alex about this.

When I got home surprisingly, she was awake. She was sitting on the couch watching television.

"Morning Dad.", she greets me smiling. "Where did you go?"

"I got you something." , I reveal as she comes over to hug me.

"What is it?"

"I don't know.", I smirk handing her the bag. She takes out the box and she gets a knife to cut it open. Once she sees the cake she couldn't look happier.

"What's this for?", she asks.

"Well I know you were pretty bummed about the whole Gavin situation so I bought you this cake." I paused. "I also happened to run into him at the store."

"Oh my gosh. Please tell me you didn't say anything too embarrassing."

"Close but not quite.", I began knowing she was going to lose her mind. "I told him about how you like him."

"WHAT? HOW COULD-"

"Relax. I said you told me this around the time of the funeral and I didn't know if you still liked him."

"BUT WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY ANYTHING I-"

"Alex. He bought it. He said he knew that already then proceeded to tell me about how in love you and Jonsey are."

"He bought it? Of course he did, I forgot he isn't that bright!", she relaxed finally calming down.

"See. But please explain to me why you are using Jonsey.", I say sternly getting back into "father mode."

"It's not that I'm using Jonsey.", she starts. "It's just that when the others were mad at me, he wasn't. He was the only one who was there for me. So I said yes when he asked me to be his girlfriend because I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"But you don't think leading him on will ruin your friendship?", I point out to her.

"Well-"

"I've heard enough. Alex you've got to break it off with him. Put yourself in his shoes; how would you feel if Gavin was using you to make Chipotle jealous?"

We both began to giggle but I snap out of it first.

"I'm serious. You wouldn't want to be used so don't use him."

"Okay Dad, you're right.", she sighs.

"Of course I'm right. Now go do the right thing", I tell her pulling her into a hug.

"You're such a dork.", she laughs and it muffles on my chest.

"Why thank you", I answer. "I may be a dork but I have fans who appreciate my "dorkiness."

"Is that even a word?", she looks up at me grinning.

"It is now.", I declare.