Chapter 181: That Was Rough

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"That doesn't make it any better." Raes said to Lindsay as the 5 of us sat around the café table.

"I'm not taking food advice from someone who drinks black coffee." Lindsay stated.

"He's a health fanatic." Said Simartè.

"And do you know that he's never had chocolate in his life?" I asked Linds.

"Or candy." Sehrem added.

"I know.... I'm a monster." Raes retorted. "Kidding I only kill monsters."

"How do you kill a monster without becoming one?" Asked Sehrem.

"You're right." Raes admitted. "You all made me this way and there's no denying it. You've corrupted my soul and now you cant handle the monster you've created."

"Its sad to think that you might be right." Said Simartè. "And it seems as if every year that passes, you get darker. But if you only try you can get rid of your demons. You're your own person."

"Bullshit." He laughed. "You cannot create a monster then condemn it. Hate its ugly features, its terrible gait. I'm my own person you say? Well, when I look into the mirror I do not see myself but all of you who made me."

"We didn't make you this way..." Sehrem began. "We simply awakened what was already inside of you."

"I swear listening to you people talk makes me feel like I'm watching a movie." Lindsay stated.

My little brother does have a way with words doesn't he...." Raes remarked.

"Little brother?" Lindsay questioned. "I thought Sehrem was the oldest?"

"Everyone does..." Raes chuckled. "There's 8 of us- well... There's more but they don't count... and Sehrem's actually the 2nd youngest...Though he's a lot more mature than the rest of us."

"Cant argue with that." Said Sehrem.

"What you have other siblings? What do you mean they don't count?" I asked.

"Lets just say our father has had a great deal of illegitimate relationships."

"But wasn't his relationship with River's mom technically illegitimate?"

"Our definition of illegitimate isnt the same as yours..."

"So how many more are there?"

"A lot."

This was interesting... River never told me about having other siblings...

Unfortunately that conversation was soon cut short.

"Well seeing as though this conversation has already escalated I might as well get something out of the way." Said Simartè. "Raes, there's something you should know. Sehrem and I asked you to come here for a reason. But you have to keep this to yourself."

Sehrem glanced over at me and I knew exactly what this was about.

"What is it?" Raes asked.

"Maybe you guys shouldn't tell him yet."

"Cassidy its better to tell him than for him to find out on his own." Said Simartè.

"Tell me what?"

"Raes, Cassidy is pregnant." Sehrem stated, just getting it out of the way.

"Is it-"

"Yes, its a full-blood..." Simartè answered.

"You're not keeping it are you?" Raes asked me as he quickly turned his attention towards me.

"Are you expecting me to abort my child?"

"Yes actually!" He said, raising his voice a bit. "You cant let it be born!"

"And why not?"

"Because that would make it a 2nd born and SAGE is going to be forced to kill it!" 

"Not if we just keep this between us brother." Simartè responded. "Father and Kratos don't have to know."

"Yes they do! I cant believe you're actually sticking up for a 2nd born!"

"No..." Began Sehrem. "They don't have to know."

"Good god almighty you too?! Am I the only sane one left out of my brothers and sisters?!"

"You think killing a child makes you sane?" Asked Sehrem.

"No i just think that allowing this child to live is insane!"

"Raes please..." Begged Simartè. "Don't tell anyone."

"You're asking me to disobey father!"

"You've done it before what's the big deal now?"

"I'm not helping you all hide this kid!"

"You don't have to help us. Just don't say anything."

"I'm not letting you harbor such a child."

"Why did we even have to tell him?!" I asked, pretty much panicking at that point.

"Because he lives with you now and would have caught on eventually." Explained Sehrem.

Raes jumped out of his seat, causing the chair to fall to the ground as he turned and began to walk away.

"Raes stop!" Yelled Simartè.

"Father and Kratos have to know about this."

"You know what they're going to do when they find out!"

"Exactly."

"Apollo wouldn't want this." Sehrem subtlety said.

Raes stopped in his tracks as Simartè was now standing, sweat dripping down the side of her face out of nervousness.

Raes turned his head slightly as Sehrem continued.

"In fact Apollo wouldn't even let you walk out of this building right now. If he were alive he'd have you pinned down to the ground as we speak with his knee buried in your chest because you're trying to take his child's life. Unfortunately he's not here anymore so there's nothing stopping you now from walking out of here and telling father. However, is this really how you want to honor your dead brother? By getting his child killed?"

"A child that doesn't deserve to live." Raes shot back.

"Based off of an assumption." Said Sehrem. "You know that if our brother was alive he'd raise his child right and do everything in his power to make sure that that child doesn't go rogue. But he's gone now. Apollo gave his life to make sure that those kids at the Rift stay alive. And now its our responsibility to make sure that his child stays alive."

Raes stared at the ground for a bit... Then picked up his chair that had fallen over and reluctantly sat down with a blank look on his face.

Simartè and I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Whelp..." Said Lindsay. "That was rough."