Chapter 24: Christmas Day

A/N: This chapter is the longest chapter I've written so far so prepare yourself. Also, this chapter is the most "rated R" chapter I've written so once again, prepare yourself Lol.

*****************************

Christmas was today and so far it was going great! Jordan and his parents, River, Grayson, Max and his parents, as well as his sister, showed up at around noon so that we could all do gift exchanges.

My mom opened her gift from Xander and her eyes seriously lit up when she saw it.

"Awww thank you son!" She excitedly said as she gave him a little forehead kiss.

"Of course Mom. You're worth it." He replied.

The greatest thing that day by far was Grayson's reaction to his gifts from River.

"Wow! A Batman toy!! A wace caw!! A baseball!!" He yelled out as he opened gift after gift after gift. He ran up to River and hugged him as tight as he could. "Thank you Wiva!"

It was truly a precious sight to see.

River laughed at Grayson's attempt to say his name. "No problem buddy."

We chatted and watched Christmas movies, sang Christmas carols (I know, I know), and even had a pretty epic snowball fight in the front yard. And let me just say, I have a damn good aim.

Everyone split up into two teams. On my team it was all of the girls; me, my mom, Jordan's mom Julisee, Max's mom Angelina, Max's sister Madison, as well as Riley, Grayson, and AJ. The other team consisted of all guys; Jordan, Xander, Max, River, my dad, Jordan's dad Floyd, and Max's dad Michael. Both teams built forts to protect ourselves and elected a team representative. We chose Grayson as our's while the other team chose Xander. The team representatives met in the middle of the "war zone" to discuss the rules. Xander got down on one knee so that he was the same height as Grayson and they proceeded to shake hands.

"Ok, so hewe ah the wules." Grayson began. "No thwowing hawd and no hu-ting people...got it?"

We all giggled at Grayson trying to take control with his little baby voice. It was so adorable.

"Okay kid, I didn't understand a word you said so I'm just gonna state some rules myself." Xander responded. "No crossing into the other team's territory, no aiming for the face mainly because I can't have my gorgeous face bruised by snowballs, and the first team to knock the other team's fort down is the winner."

Grayson nodded his head okay then headed back over to the fort.

"You are such a smart kid." Julisee astonishedly stated.

"I know." Grayson replied.

It was at that moment when I realized that River was rubbing off on Grayson. And I had no idea if that was good or bad.

Without warning Xander's team started bombarding us with snowballs. We retaliated without hesitation and defended ourselves with many snow balls as well.

It was on.

After about only 2 minutes of the snowball fight it truly felt like we were in some kind of war zone. Everyone threw without mercy and simply just wanted to win. And to be honest, Grayson was doing better than ALL of us. In fact, he lead us to victory. As both of the forts were about to fall Grayson threw a last minute snowball at the other team's fort and it fell over. I felt like jumping with joy. It felt good to beat River. That jerk.

After our snowball fight we went back inside and sat around the fireplace with hot chocolate to warm up.

There was a knock on the door and mom got up to get it after she saw that no one else planned to. As soon as she opened it we were all startled by a deathening yell.