Chapter 96: Wedding Day

River's P

River's P.O.V.

Today was the wedding.

I took Julie, Amanda, Grayson and Rome out for breakfast this morning before the wedding.

Julie called me around 4 am freaking out and second guessing herself about everything.

So I told her to meet me at a breakfast spot downtown at 7.

We sat at a booth towards the back for a little privacy.

One look at her face told me everything I needed to know.

"You look like the bride of Frankenstein." Grayson stated.

"Grayson be nice." I chuckled.

"Trust me, he was being nice." Rome followed up.

These kids were relentless.

"Aunt Julie's freaking out." Said Amanda.

"So I can tell." I responded. "Don't let this nervousness psyche you out and make you second guess yourself."

"What if I'm rushing into things River?"

"Its been 4 years and you've been engaged to him for 6 months... You really think you're rushing into things?"

"I don't know. Maybe. And what if things don't work out? I don't wanna go through a divorce. Divorce's seem heartbreaking. I don't wanna be heartbroken."

"Divorce's are definitely heartbreaking. I've been through two of them. And you're bound to get your heart broken at some point in life. Heartbreaks happen to everyone. Don't start thinking about a divorce before you're even married babygirl."

"I just hope this all works out." She rested her head on her fist and played with her napkin. "I didn't get any sleep at all last night. Then I went over to Tory's house to pick up Amanda before I came here and she instantly knew that I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with this today. What if I'm standing at the altar with Jack and he sees the same thing? I don't want him to know that I'm thinking about not marrying him."

"Make up your mind woman." Rome remarked.

"And fast." Grayson added.

"Chill out Aunt Julie. You'll be fine." Amanda said with the cutest little eyeroll.

"What she said." I laughed.

"Amanda, you're 6. You don't even know what marriage is." Julie replied.

"Yes I do. Mommy was married to daddy. They loved eachotger thiiiis much." She said as she opened her arms as wide as she could. "Whenever mommy was sad daddy always brought her flowers and chocolates and gave her a big hug and he always called her beautiful like a queen. Sometimes they argued but then daddy always said sorry and gave mommy a kiss. And they took turns taking me to school everyday and picking me up and after school they took me to the park. And even though daddy's in heaven now mommy still loves him and daddy still loves her. That's marriage."