Chapter 134: Sealed Fate?

River's P.O.V.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I asked Raes.

"I wasn't." He simply responded as he let out a slight laugh.

"Clearly." Max mumbled.

After Raes fell out we had to rush him back to the medical center at the rift in Marseille.

We couldn't take him to a normal hospital because there was no telling what he'd do if he were to wake up and see random people encircling him with needles and other pointy crap he hated.

"How did you even manage to get an arrow through your chest?" Asked Cato who'd arrived a few hours after the incident.

Raes had been out for about 12 hours and had only recently woken up. It was currently a bit past 2 pm.

"I knew Peter wasn't far. And I had an idea of where he might've went. So I went there and low and behold he was there. I, however, underestimated just how many men he'd have with him."

"How many did he have?" I asked.

"In just the area I was in there were at least 40 men. They saw me and immediately started shooting guns and crossbows and all kinds of shit. I blanked out though. I managed to take them out, dont ask me how because I really dont remember, and I got Peter. He laughed and said that I was the only one with the balls to do what no one else would do."

"And that is?" Asked Sehrem.

"Kill him." Raes stated. "I was distracted by his talking and some guy shot his crossbow- twice. I killed him, pulled one of the arrows out of my chest and used it to slice Peter's head off. He didn't resist at all."

"Well... That's definitely graphic." Said Tommy. "I can't get his decapitated head out of my mind. In fact, I think I should go to the bathroom now. I'm about two flashbacks away from puking."

"Did Peter say anything to you before you did it?" Asked Cato.

"Yea." Raes began. "He said that I didn't know what I was about to start."

"Well he was right about that." Sehrem remarked.

"No, I know exactly what I started. I knew what was gonna happen if I killed him."

"Then why'd you do it?"

"Because he came to the house when we weren't there and almost took Kaiser. The only reason why he didn't was because Giovanni showed resistance. If he would've taken Kaiser he would've killed him. You all know that. We couldn't risk him coming back again and actually taking him because then there goes any chance we had. He had to die. Or else he would've kept coming back."

"No we would've sent people out to capture him and put him away." Cato stated. "First Blue killed Satan and now you killed Peter. You two broke the slightest bit of understanding we had with them. We needed the help of Satan's people. We agreed to not hurt them and they agreed to not hurt us because we had a common enemy. Now we dont have them on our side anymore. And with you killing Peter, we've lost time to prepare. Now his people are going to be on us more than ever."

"I did what I had to do."

"No you did what you wanted to do."

"I don't care what any of you think. I might not have made the best decision but I made the right decision. Now can I please talk to Apollo in private?"

Cato nodded his head then he, Tommy, Max, and Stormy left.

"Why didn't you attempt to stop me?" He asked.

"Because I knew I couldn't."

"If anyone had a chance of stopping me it was you."

"All odds were against me. There was no way I could so why try?"

"You always underestimate your abilities. Don't you know that when Kaiser gets older all odds are going to be against him as well? There's an extremely low chance that we'll win but there's still A CHANCE. No matter how low it is. We still have to try. Kaiser will feel as if he can't do it. But he'll try his hardest. Sehrem knew he wouldn't be able to stop me but we both know that he's relentless and won't ever give up trying. You, however, have already given up. And with that mentality your death will be inevitable."

"Its already inevitable." I replied.

"No, its not. Father and Kratos only told you that so that you'd give it your all when the time comes. You don't have to die." He confessed. "There's a chance you will but if you have it in you, you can control your own fate. Then you can be the one to train your son. Yes I'm capable of teaching him everything he knows but you, as his father, will be able to prepare him far better than I ever can."

"Why are you telling me all of this?"

"I might be a jerk Apollo but I wouldn't ever want to see my little brother die. I want you to live. With you alive, our chances of succeeding are so much higher. You have a very crucial role in all of this."

I was overwhelmed with everything Raes was telling me.

The fact that I had been lied to my whole life by the two people I trusted the most wasn't sitting well with me.