Chapter 85

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Ryan, River, Max, Danny, and Tommy went back to the safehouse for whatever reason.
Dad was still with the babies. Riley eventually went with him.

Xander was standing on the balcony, on the phone with his fiancé trying to calm her down after telling her everything that had been going on.

Mom was still with Gabriela watching over the kids at Elliott and Gabriela's house.

And Elliott's whereabouts were still unknown.

Jordan, AJ, Legend, and Sony were keeping me company because Lindsay and Journey went down to the cafeteria to eat.
We were literally doing nothing but watching the Nightmare Before Christmas.

To my surprise AJ had never seen it which was a little heartbreaking because it was my favorite movie.

The door opened and in walked a man that I thought for a split second was David Beckham.

Jordan, AJ, Sonny, and I stared at him, waiting to see what he wanted.

Legend smiled at our confusion then walked over to the man and introduced him.

"Guys, this is Mathias."

I'm pretty sure my face lit up because the smile on Mathias's face got bigger.

"We'll leave you two alone." Said Legend as he signaled for Jordan, AJ, and Sony to leave the room as well.

Once they left Mathias pulled up a chair next to the hospital bed and sat down.

"Thank you. So much." I said.

"Dont thank me. Like I told Legend, River and Max are like brothers to me. Making sure they don't get themselves killed is like an obligation for me."

"How did you guys meet anyway?"

"Well first... Do you know who Cato is?"

"Cato? No."

"In that case, I can't say. Though it was through work."

"So you're a doctor too?"

"Uh... No."

"Professor?"

"Nope."

"Then how did he meet you through work?"

"Once again, I can't say." He laughed.

"Oh great. Another secret. I wonder how much it'll take this time to drill it out of River."

"He can't tell you either."

"He told me about Blairwood. I can probably talk it out of him."

"No he can't as in he's not allowed to."

"Says who?"

"Cato."

"Is Max in on this too?" I asked annoyed at that point.

"Yep. But he can't tell you anything either."

"Its not anything illegal is it?" I asked.

"Nope. Completely legal though it'd be illegal if I told you."

"But- that doesn't make any sense."

"Just forget about it." He insisted. "I came here to make sure you were okay and two, to let you know that Mark is still out there."

"I'm very aware of that." I mumbled.

"However, as long as I'm around, I won't let River chase after him anymore. I know that you want River helping you raise the kids and I know that it worries you when he does things like this. You dont have to worry from now on. Me and my guys will take care of the situation so that River can focus on his family."