Chapter 5: The Devil Strikes Again

Today was Thursday. I didn't go to the university on Tuesday or Wednesday because I just wasn't feeling up for it. I didn't feel comfortable going to Professor Carson's class after what'd happened Monday. As a matter of fact, I was gonna skip today too but Lindsay came over and literally dragged me out of bed. Lindsay, J, and I made our way to school and arrived after a few minutes. Our first class, unfortunately, was Mr. Carson's.

"Now Jordan, no matter what happens or what he says to you try to maintain your composure okay? He IS your professor after all." I said to J after a long lecture about keeping his cool.

"Dude, I heard you the first 12 times. You don't have to keep repeating it. I'll be fine." He replied with annoyance.

We walked into the class and took our usual seats in the middle of the room. We started talking to each other about nothing in particular as we waited for class to start. Soon enough, Mr. Carson walked in. I know it's probably not right for me to say this but my heart stopped again. Even though I was still kinda mad at him for saying that stuff to me I couldn't help but drool over how attractive he looked today. He was dressed pretty casual with a skin tight white V-neck and black jeans. My heart started pounding even harder when I saw a glimpse of his abs through his shirt. His jet black hair was slicked forward but still managed to have a loose look to it.

"Miss Monroe would you mind repeating to me what I just said?" I heard him say to me.

I had no idea that I'd completely zoned out. I looked over to Jordan and Lindsay hoping they could save me but both of them looked at me as if they absolutely couldn't do anything. I didn't know what to do.

"Uh, I- I'm sorry. I didn't uh, I didn't hear you." I admitted.

I saw a small smirk peek through Professor C's lips and I knew trouble was coming.

"Well cupcake, maybe if you stopped daydreaming about me so much you'd actually hear what I say." He replied.

The class softly giggled. I could feel myself turning red. Not from embarrassment but from anger. Why the hell was this guy so conceited.

Professor Carson laughed when he saw me. "See me after class Cassidy."

Great. Just when I thought things couldn't any worse this happens. Nice going Cassidy.

After class ended J and Lindsay stayed behind with me for a few minutes.

"You sure you're gonna be okay?" Lindsay asked me. "Last time you came out of his office you looked pissed."

"Yea I'm gonna be fine. Just wait for me in the parking lot." I said.

Before leaving, Jordan spoke up. "Cassie if he tries anything I swear to God you better tell me. If I have to find out on my own I promise you I'm-."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay Jordan. I promise." I said before turning to go to Professor Carson's office.

I heard J and Lindsay leave and immediately started feeling nervous. I was about to knock on his office door but stopped and thought to myself "What if I freak out again like last time?" I shrugged my shoulders and knocked on his door. If I freak out and slap him again then oh well... he totally deserves it.

"Come in." I heard Mr. C say.

Here goes nothing.

I walked into his office trying to look as calm as I could but clearly I failed.

He smiled as he leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed. "Geez, relax will you. I don't bite. Not yet at least." He winked.

I felt myself getting agitated. "What do you want?" I asked a bit ruder than I expected to.