Chapter 30: Meet Madison

Legend: Hey...can we talk?

Me: Sure.

L: Mind if I call you?

M: I'd rather just text. Sorry.

L: its fine. So...I've been thinking...about us for a while now.

M: and?

L: Do you still have feelings for me?

M: i don't feel comfortable answering that.

L: Can you please just give me 1 more chance? I'm sorry for cheating on you. I was drunk and had no idea what I was doing. You've gotta believe me. I miss you.

M: Are you sorry for cheating on me or are you sorry you got caught? Bc theres a huge difference Legend.

L: I'm sorry for everything. I promise I'll make it up to you if you let me. Please...

M: I might consider it but idk, I'll think about it...

L: Thank you.

.....................................................

I rose up in a huge panick. I was breathing rapidly and felt myself sweating. I started gasping for air as my wind pipe felt like it was closing.

Suddenly River woke up and grabbed my face with his hands and tried talking to me to get me to calm down.

"Cassidy...Cassidy breathe. Calm down. Come on, control your breathing before you pass out."

After my breathing went back to normal again I managed to calm down enough to talk.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" River asked.

I sighed. I wish it was a nightmare. Sadly it wasnt.

"River I have to tell you something." I said.

I had to tell him. Even if it meant he'd hate me.

"Tell me what?" He asked.

I looked in his eyes and immediately saw a look of concern. But I couldn't keep hiding it from him.

I grabbed my phone and went to my messages. I clicked on the messages between me and Legend and gave the phone to River.

"Here." I said. "Read them."

The worst part about him reading the messages was that he made absolutely no expression while reading them. He simply just stared at them as if he was reading a newspaper.

It seemed like eternity before he finally gave me my phone back. I was expecting him to start yelling at me and to get angry but he didn't. He just looked at me...and looked at me...and looked at me.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"No. Just a little disappointed."

Great...just great. I really wanted him to just be mad at me. Mainly cause I'd rather him be angry and yell at me because at least he was talking to me than him be disappointed at me. Being mad is one thing but being disappointed is a whole other level.

He looked at me for almost two minutes before he finally spoke again.

"You know..." He began. "The worst part about those messages isnt the fact that my brother wants to get back with you. No, the worst part, the part that upsets me, is the fact that you're actually considering taking him back."