Chapter 119: Done.

Max's P.O.V.

We arrived in France at about 11:30 pm.

After checking in at the French Rift, we all climbed into three separate vehicles and made our way to my grandfather's house.

There were 3 reasons why I REALLY didn't wanna come to France in the first place.

1.) Back in Minnesota, everyone knew River because his dad was famous. I had the luxury of living a normal, private, life. However, here in France, River and I have the SAME grandfather who also happens to be fairly well-known throughout the country so unfortunately I have to now deal with French paparazzi shoving cameras in my face everytime I go everywhere.

2.) River and I have a REALLY annoying cousin who lives with our grandparents and for some reason she enjoys unintentionally pissing us off.

And 3.) I just DIDN'T wanna come to France! French people are always thought of as being very romantic and laid back... Which they are.... But they're also rude as hell!

We drove for about half an hour and eventually made it to my grandfather's place close to midnight.

After just three knocks on the double doors, they swung open and we were met with the smiling face of my grandpa

"Maxwell, Rivière, et Légende! Bienvenue! Bienvenue mon petit fils!" He greeted us as he pulled the three of us into hugs.

"Bonjour grand-père." I replied.

He turned to Journey and Madison and pulled them into hugs as well. "Mes belles petites-filles! It is so nice to see all of you!" He turned his head and yelled inside. "Elizabeth, Anna, they're here!"

He looked down at Rome and his eyes widened.

"My word! The last time I saw you you were in diapers!" He exclaimed.

"The last time I saw you you had less wrinkles." Rome replied.

"Roman!" River said as we all bursted out laughing.

"Oh its fine its fine." Grandpa smiled. "So are you speaking French yet?"

"Oui." Rome retorted.

"Wonderful! I'm surprised you're not speaking it as if it was your first language yet."

"I'm surprised you haven't croaked yet."

"Roman stop it!" River demanded as the rest of us laughed our asses off again.

Before grandpa could say anything, grandma and Anna came to the door.

They each hugged and welcomed all of us.

"You girls get more and more gorgeous and you boys get even more handsome everytime I see you!" Grandma exclaimed to River, Legend, Journey, Madison, and I.