Chapter 52: Superman

The doctor came out of the basement and into the living-room after about 45 minutes. The look on his face wasn't a reassuring one. We all stood up, waiting for what he was about to say. Max had gotten here 15 minutes ago and was freaking out himself.

"Well, he lost a lot of blood." The doctor began. "He's going to be okay but we're taking him over to the hospital so that we can watch over him until he recovers enough to be out of medical reach. We're also taking the other young man to the hospital. He's awake and nearly fully conscious but we still need to watch his vitals for a few days."

Legend and I wrapped eachother in a hug and I cried and cried. I'd managed to stay strong ever since River fell out but now I just needed to let it out. It felt so good knowing that River and Jordan were gonna be okay. I wouldn't know what to do without them even though they drove me crazy 3/4 of the time.

Two cops and a detective then walked through the front door. The cops went down into the basement while the detective came to us.

"I'd like to have a word with you all." He insisted. We agreed and followed him to the dining room where we all sat down. Allison was with Rome and Grayson outside so it was just Max, Aj, Journey, Legend, and I.

"Okay, first off, my name is Detective Jacobs. Secondly, I need you all to tell me what happened." He said.

None of us answered him mainly because we just weren't in the mood.

"I know this isn't something you guys want to talk about but you have to help me understand why there are two gentleman, that nearly lost their lives tonight, headed to the hospital and why there are two sitting at this table with cuts, scratches, and bruises all over their faces."

He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to tell him.

"I wasn't there." I replied quietly.

"So you don't know anything at all?" He asked.

I shook my head no. "River and I were just laying in bed, talking, then he got a phone call from Journey and he started talking about how he had to go help them and that he didn't want me to come because he didn't want to risk me getting hurt."

"How about you guys?" He asked the others.

But still, no one said anything.

I reached across the table and grabbed Legend's hand, letting him know that it was okay to talk.

He hesitated but eventually started to tell what happened.

"Me and Jordan were on our way back from a friends place when Journey called and asked us to come pick her up. We asked her where she was and she said she was with her ex, Jesse, and that they'd just gotten into an argument. She told us where they were and so me and Jordan drove there. When we got there Jesse was gaining up on her and kept touching her while she was telling him to stop and his friends just stood there laughing. I kept telling Jesse to let her go but he wouldn't. Jordan got mad and was ready to fight at that point and I tried to calm him down but it wasnt working. He snapped and lashed out on Jesse and one of Jesse's friends jumped in so I had no choice but to jump in as well."

"Why?" Asked detective Jacobs.

"Because I wasnt just gonna let them beat the shit out of him."

"And what happened after that?"

"After that Jesse pulled out a gun and him and Jordan started fighting over it but it went off and hit Jordan in the stomach. The rest of Jesse's friends then gained up on me and since there were so many of them, I couldn't fight them all off. Right after that AJ showed up then I blacked out. Next thing I knew I was being picked up off the ground and led to the car. "