Chapter 112: Lost.

Elise's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes but everything was just a blur.

After struggling for what seemed like the longest time I finally managed to sit up

I held my head in pain as my sight began to clear up.

And when it did I wish it hadn't.

The woods were eerie.

I heard groaning and I looked over to see Maddy leaning against a tree with her hand pressed against her forehead

"About time you finally woke up." She said.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"I don't know. 5 minutes maybe."

I stood up and walked over to her, helping her onto her feet.

She removed her hand from her forehead revealing a bloody gash.

"How bad is it?" She asked.

"Not extremely bad but its still pretty bad." I replied. "Where's Riley?"

"I don't know. I was gonna go look for him but you hadn't woke up yet and I didn't wanna leave you alone. Plus, I'm kinda scared to go by myself. These woods are creepy as hell."

The only sound around us was the sound of the wind brushing through the leaves on the trees above us.

I looked up to see how high the bridge was and was shocked when I found out.

"How the heck did we survive that jump?" I asked. "That's at least 90 feet high."

"Thank god that its fall." She stated as she pointed at the ridiculous amount of leaves around us. "The leaves cushioned our landing."

"So we basically just cheated death..."

"Yep. Now lets go find Riley."

We started walking in the southern direction calling out his name.

"Are you sure he landed in this direction?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm just not sure how far out he landed. He was still a large distance away from us when he jumped."

We walked for about another 5 minutes when we heard the sound of rustling.

"East... Is that you?" Maddy call out.

"Yea." We heard a voice groan.

We ran towards the source of the voice and came upon Riley leaning against a tree.

"Thank god." Said Madison. "I thought you were dead."

I looked around and saw that there weren't nearly as many leaves around him which made me wonder...

"How did you survive that fall?" I asked.

"Well I passed out in midair so I'm not exactly sure but judging by all of these cuts and scratches on my body I'm gonna assume I hit a few tree branches on my way down which slowed down my fall."

I looked closer and saw that he was in fact covered in cuts.

"Are you two okay?" He asked.

"Pretty sure we both have mild concussions but yea." I stated. "And you?"

"I think I broke my leg."

"Does it hurt?"

"Not at all." He sarcastically replied.

"How long were you passed out?" Asked Madison.

"I have no idea. I've been awake for at least 20 minutes though."

"Oh wait..." I said.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time.

It was 2:30 am.

"Its half past 2." I stated. "We left a little before 1 am and we were driving for about 40 minutes."

"Jesus Christ its been almost an hour then!" Maddy exclaimed.

"Guys we have to call someone." I said. "Yea we're gonna get in a lot of trouble but at this point we don't have a choice."

"We're on our own..." Riley retorted.

"What do you mean?"

"I already tried calling Cassidy. There's no signal out here. This place is a dead zone."

I turned to look all around us and saw that we were surrounded by miles of woods.

"How are we gonna get home?" I asked.

"I don't know. But we have to find help." Riley responded. "Lets follow the bridge back the direction we came from."

"Wait a minute..." I said as I stopped in my tracks.

"What's wrong?" Madison asked as she and Riley stopped as well.

"I recognize this place." My stomach suddenly dropped. "Its a forest. Nemadji State Forest."

"Your point is?" Asked Riley.

I literally felt like throwing up.

"My point is this isn't possible. We were only driving for 40 minutes. Nemadji State Forest is nearly two hours away from home."

"Maybe this is another forest then." Maddy suggested.

"Its not. I know for a fact that this is it."

"How did we end up here then if we only drove for not even an hour?" Asked Riley.

We all looked at eachother in fear when the same thought hit us.

"We're not alone here." Riley stated.

"Someone moved us..." Maddy added.

"And that means if someone moved us its possible they switched which side of the bridge we landed on."

"Meaning there's no telling which way leads us home." Riley concluded. "How big is this forest?"

"About 150 miles..." I answered.

Madison ran over to a tree and threw up. Which I felt like doing as well.

"And how long will it take to walk home?"

"A day and a half maybe... maybe more."

Riley looked like he was about to pass out.

"This is not happening...." He said to himself. "We really need to find help."

After she finished puking, Madison came over and helped me carry Riley who couldn't walk at all.

He put his arms around us and we began walking the direction we assumed was the way home.

"We're gonna die out here." Maddy said. "Its dark as hell and its cold. We're definitely gonna die."