Chapter 146: What's Best.

River's P.O.V.

Literally everything hurt.

Hell I couldn't even breathe without it hurting.

5 days of training with Mara was almost the death of me.

"As Sehrem says..." Theana began as she inspected the millions of gashes all over my chest. "One that is powerful and reckless is far more dangerous than one that is powerful and in control..... Though I still dont understand how you let a 17 year old girl do this much damage to you."

"Oh shut up Theana." I replied.

"Wait a girl did that to you?" Asked one of the men that worked there. "You got your ass kicked by a 17 year old girl?"

I stared at him unamused. "Fuck off."

"Apollo, be nice." Theana warned.

"I'll pass."

We left the battle room and I was instantly met with the concerned face of Riley.

"Hey River... Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Depends. Why?"

"Just... Please?"

"Fine." I gave in as I made him follow me outside to a bench in the front.

"So what's going on?" I asked as we sat down.

He looked hesitant to tell me but eventually spoke.

"So I met this girl a few days ago here in the Rift and me and her have been hanging out a lot. I really like her but I'm not sure if she feels the same way..."

I couldn't help but to crack a smile. Was he serious?

"Riley... Why would you come to ME out of all people for girl advice? I've been with more girls than you'd ever be able to fathom."

"Because you're good with girls. All you have to do is look at a girl and they fall head over heels in love with you."

"Not my fault."

"Yes it is. Dude you're like prince charming."

"Exactly. You just have to learn how to be charming."

"Did you learn?"

"No. Comes naturally for me."

"Must be nice."

"You're a charming kid though. You just don't know how to utilize it yet."

I saw a girl about Riley's age walking towards the entrance of the Rift and I instantly had an idea.

"I'll teach you. First, I've gotta see what I'm working with." I stated. "Flirt with that girl when she walks by."

"What? I'm just gonna make a fool out of myself...."

"I don't care do it."

"But-"

"Riley, do it."

He grunted and stood up as the girl approached us.

"Hey there. I'm Riley. And you are?" He asked her, holding out his hand for her to shake.

I facepalmed myself. This was tragic already.

"Daisy." She replied, shaking his hand.

"Pretty name." He chuckled. "For a pretty face."

"Aw thank you." She smiled.

"The pleasure's mine. So uh- its kinda late out here. What's got you out if you dont mind me asking?"

"Oh just got back from a quick jog. How about you?"