Chapter 23: Ohhh Confessions

We entered the mall which was nearly empty since it was so early. But that was a good thing because I hated crowded places...and people.

"Hey Riley." River began. "Would you mind taking Grayson to a couple of stores in here and getting him more clothes? He barely brought any with him and the ones that he did bring are just...no."

"Yeah sure I'll take him." Riley replied while taking Grayson's hand.

"Thanks." River stated as he pulled out his credit card and handed it to Riley. "You're welcome to get yourself something if you want." He added.

Of course Riley wasn't gonna turn down an offer like that- which could lead to something bad.

"You do realize he's gonna max out your card right? He's literally going to spend every cent of your money." Xander warned.

"Oh no, I have a limit on that card that prevents anyone from using more than $1000 in one day." River confidentally replied. "After $1000 they have to put in a code to keep using it."

"Bet he's still gonna find a way to spend it all." Jordan mumbled under his breath.

We went up to the 2nd floor and followed River into a kid's store full of toys.

"Seriously River? Aren't you a little too old to be playing with toys?" Aj asked.

"Dude... I'm getting some for Grayson. Christmas is in 5 days and judging by the way his mom acts, she didn't get him anything and doesn't plan to." River solemnly replied.

"So you're buying him clothes, shoes, AND toys?!" Aj said with a bit of shock implemented in his voice. "I'm so jealous of him right now."

We helped River find a huge load of toys and helped him carry them back to the truck before we went back inside to continue our shopping. He seriously spent over $700 on just toys for Grayson. Yes, $700 over a kid he just met.

We went from store to store grabbing things. Aj and Jordan went to help out Riley with finding Grayson clothes and shoes. Meanwhile, Max, River, Xander and I came upon a jewelry store. Xander and Max wanted to buy our moms something.

I spotted an absolutely gorgeous diamond necklace on display when we were browsing.

"Oh...my...god. That's beautiful!!" I yelled. "Xander can you get it for me?!?! Pleeeease!?!?!"

Xander, Max, and River all came over to see what I was talking about.

"Hm, how much is it?" He grabbed the price tag, took one look at it, and started laughing. "I don't think so." He stated.

I took a look at the price as well and my jaw dropped.

"$23,000?! I really didn't know it was that expensive, however, I'd be extremely happy if you bought it still." I said with the biggest puppy eyes ever.

"Cassidy I'm buying Mom something right now and I'm almost positive that whatever I get won't be cheap judging by these prices." He replied as he begin browsing again. I was a bit upset at first but eventually got over it. After all, you can't have everything.

Xander ended up getting our mom a beautiful ring and even got my dad a really nice watch. Max got his mom a pair of gorgeous earrings.

We met up with the others about 2 hours later and went up to the food court to eat.

The food was good and everyone was pretty relaxed (probably because we were all still in our PJ's) and we basically just sat there talking for about an hour. Although the talking soon turned into an uncomfortable argument between me and the one and only, Mr. River *whatever his middle name is* Carson.