Chapter 116: Fate

Blue's P.O.V.

We arrived at River's house at around 7:30 am.

We pulled up and saw Cassidy standing in the front yard with Cato, Tommy, Stormy, Milo, and Linus.

Cato looked pissed.

And the whole time we were driving, I could tell River and Max were trying to keep from exploding.

As soon as we got out and I finished helping Riley out of the car, River went off.

"What the HELL were you three thinking sneaking out past midnight!?"

"We were just gonna go to downtown...Minneapolis" Maddy explained.

"Downtown Minneapolis!?" Max yelled. "What compelled you to wanna go to damn Minneapolis!?"

"We were bored... There was nothing to do..." Said Riley.

"Um did you try to go to sleep!?" Cassidy asked. "You KNEW we were leaving early in the morning! But no, you three just HAD to go out and do something stupid!"

"We didn't know this would happen!" Riley shouted. "This isn't our fault!"

"YES IT IS YOUR FAULT!" River yelled back. "INSTEAD OF GOING TO SLEEP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THE THREE OF YOU DECIDED TO BE REBELIOUS ASS TEENAGERS AND SNEAK OUT! YOU COULD'VE DIED! IN FACT YOU WOULD'VE DIED HAD WE NOT SAVED YOUR ASSES! RILEY AND MADISON, YOU TWO JUST SAW XANDER GET KILLED NOT EVEN A WEEK AGO! HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED JUST HOW DANGEROUS THINGS ARE NOW!? YOU CAN'T DO BULLSHIT LIKE THIS ANYMORE! ITS FUCKING STUPID! YOU THREE HAVE CROSSED THE LINE THIS TIME!"

Riley, Madison, and Elise looked absolutely terrified.

"Why are you so angry?" Elise asked.

"He has a right to be angry." Said Cato. "I never send men into that part of Minnesota. If anything that's the most dangerous place in this state." He turned to me. "And the fact that you KILLED Satan is very incomprehensible. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that we can't keep letting him and his people take innocent lives. We have to stop this. To stop this we have to stop them. To stop them we have to beat them. And to beat them we have to show them that we're not gonna continue letting them get away with taking lives."

"We're gonna stop them one day. But as for now we had a deal with them. A deal of peace. They were gonna help us as long as we don't interfere with their doings."

"Their 'doings' consist of killing people for no reason. That's not something I wanna be a part of."

"Well now by killing Satan you've started something. So you better hope like hell we can fix this somehow."

"He deserved to die." River stated. "I couldn't bring myself to do it but I wanted to. He deserved what he got."

"I'm sure he did but we had an agreement."

"Its not just that..." Said River. "That bozo almost told them everything..."

"Everything?" Cato asked. "What do you mean everything?"

"About me."

He went and sat on the front porch, clearly frustrated.

"I wanna know..." Said Elise.

"There's nothing to know." River replied.

"Know what?" Asked Cassidy.

"Great...." River mumbled.

"The guy back at the forest said something about his name being Apollo and something else about Kaiser and that something's gonna happen to him."

"What? What about Kaiser? And Apollo?" Cass questioned as she approached River. "We said no more secrets River. You said-"

"Okay!" He snapped. "Yes, my birth name was Apollo."

"And you changed it?"

"Not really. Legally its still Apollo."

"But why do you go by River?"

"It's what my mom called me. I told you that."

"And you've never told me your real name because...?"

"Long story."

"I wanna hear it."

"Cassidy there are some things that you shouldn't know." Max stepped in.

"Oh so now you're on his side?" She asked. "You were the main one that used to warn me that River was hiding things from me."

"And he eventually told you everything that you need to know. But this, this is beyond that. Just please trust me."

"I do trust you, I'm just tired of secrets."

"Well I still wanna know." Elise added. "I deserve to know. Satan told you to tell me who you really are. What did he mean by that?"

River looked at her then shifted his attention back towards the ground.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"You wouldn't understand." He replied.

"Yes, I would."

"You wouldn't believe me."

She folded her arms and walked away in annoyance.

Cassidy sat down next to him and grabbed his hand.

"River we're getting married one day. You can tell me anything. Especially since this involves our son."

"He's not in danger. Just know that he's- different."

"What about you?"

"Hell I've been in danger since the day I was born. That's never gonna change."

"And its because of who you are?"

He was hesitant to answer.

"Like Max said..." Cato began. "There are some things that you just don't need to know."

"What's gonna happen in a few years?" Riley asked out of no where.

River looked at Max, then at Cato.

Riley looked at Cassidy and explained.

"That Satan guy, he said that by the time Kaiser's 18, River wont be around anymore. He said that something's gonna happen."

Cass looked back over at River in fear.

"What is he talking about?" She asked, her face becoming red. "You don't have to tell me anything else, but I wanna know what he meant by that."

River's hand started shaking as he ran it through his hair. He really didn't wanna tell her.

He wasn't supposed to.

The only people that knew were a select few of us.

He bit his bottom lip then looked at Cass as his hands continued to shake. I'd never seen him so nervous.

"In a few years...." He began. "I'm gonna die."

"What?" She questioned.

"I'm gonna die a few years from now. I have to. I don't know what day, what month, or what year, I just know that its gonna happen. It has to happen."

"Okay River you're scaring me. Where the hell is all of this coming from? You've never mentioned any of this. And you have to die? What does even mean?  Says who?"

He chuckled a bit.....

"Fate."