Chapter 41: Meeting a Roman

"So tell me about your son." I said as we sat down on a nearby bench.

"What do you wanna know?" He asked.

"Everything." I replied. "What kind of kid is he?"

He paused and thought about his answer for a bit.

"Lets just say I refuse to put him in any kind of school until he's at least 8. In fact, his mother and I think it'd be best if he was homeschooled until then. Its actually the only thing me and her agree on."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, the kid has no filter whatsoever. I'm taking the blame for that though considering I say things around him without actually realizing that he's there sometimes."

I giggled cause it kind of reminded me of Riley. My dad was exactly like that when Riley was little.

"In fact, he once told Journey to go fuck herself because she wouldn't let him have ice cream for breakfast."

"Oh my god are you serious?!" I asked. I started laughing but mostly out of shock. His kid sounded like a savage!

"Yep. Dead serious. And he's so outspoken it scares me sometimes. Which is why I'm not sending him to school until he grows out of it." He stated. "Dont get me wrong though he's an amazing kid. He's smart as hell, extremely sweet if you're on his good side, he's definitely a little comedian, and is a huge charmer. He flirts with everyone. I swear that kid pulls more girls than I do."

"He sounds a lot like his daddy." I said. "Huge charmer, sweetheart, smart, and funny as hell."

"Yea but I'm hoping he doesn't turn out like me. That'd be a disaster." He said.

"Eh, you're not THAT bad." I assured him. "So what's his name?"

"Roman but we call him Rome. My wife and I were in Rome, Italy when she went into labor."

"Awe, how cute. I'm betting he's just as cute as his dad."

"Cuter." River corrected.

"So when I can meet him?" I asked.

"Tonight if you want." He stated.

I stared at him sideways.

"What?" He asked.

"Isn't your wife home?"

"No. She's working. She doesn't get off for another few hours. He's at home with the nanny right now. And I'm sure he's still awake. He's like a vampire, he never sleeps."

"Your wife's working this late?"

I pulled out my phone to see what time it was.

"Its 11:40."

"She's works at a modeling agency. Which usually means countless photoshoots that don't end until 2 am."

"Your wife's a model!?! Are you kidding me?!" I yelled.

I was legit jealous. I can't compete with a damn model!

"Don't let that intimidate you." He laughed.

"How can that not intimidate me?!" I yelled again. "She's a model! And you look like a model too! You two are perfect for eachother!"

"Can I let you in on a little secret?" He solemnly asked with a smirk.

"Of course!" I yelled once more though not intentionally.

"Promise you won't freak out like you're doing now?" He asked.