Chapter 152: A Storm is Brewing

Cassidy's P

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"River I can't." I said, on the verge of having a nervous breakdown as Stormy waited in the living-room.

I literally didn't sleep at all the night before because I was dreading having to tell Stormy the truth today.

"Cassidy, tell him. Even if you dont think he'll like it, he deserves to know."

"Why do i even have to tell him? I made my own decision."

"This isn't about you choosing to have an abortion. I don't have a problem with that at all. But the least you could've done was let Rowan know that you were pregnant."

"But we're not together. We were never together."

"But you two had feelings for eachother at the time whether you wanna admit it or not. Tell me, if you and him ended up getting married would you have told him about the abortion?"

I thought about it for a bit then lowered my head.

"No..."

"And that's wrong... He deserves to know Cass."

This was gonna be the hardest thing I've ever had to tell anyone...

Especially since I'm the only person Stormy opens up to about things now.

And I'm the only person he hasn't pushed away since Tommy died.

I made my way to the living-room and sat next to him on the couch.

"Judging by your facial expression you didn't ask me to come over here to give me good news..."

I was terrified at how he was gonna react.

But River was right, he deserved to know.

"Rowan I'm sorry..." I apologized before I began.

"For what?" He asked in confusion.

"When we were in France, I got pregnant a month after you and I started our fling..."

His entire aura changed.

"What?"

"I got pregnant. You would've been the father... But I- I had an abortion..."

He looked at me with a lost expression.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Mostly because I knew it would be too much for you. You'd feel like you were betraying Tommy. And it would've broken the promise we made to one another, I knew you didn't want that."

He slightly chuckled then stood up, taking a few steps away from me.

"So you made a decision... based off of what you thought I'd do... without even telling me first... This isn't making sense to me..."

"What's not making sense?"

"Oh I dont know maybe the fact that you made a decision for me that I had no say in whatsoever..."

"How was it a decision for you? Its my body. If I want an abortion I'll get one."

"Its not about you having a damn abortion Cassidy!" He yelled, slamming his fist on the edge of the couch, causing me to jump a little. "Its about the fact that you didn't even tell me that you were pregnant and the only reason why you got one was because you didn't THINK I'd be able to handle it!"

"I knew what you didn't want Rowan!" I said. "We promised eachother-"

"Fuck what we promised! You dont know what I wanted because if you did our kid would be alive today!"

That caught me off guard.

"You said you got an abortion basically because I was emotionally distressed.... You couldn't have at least asked me what I wanted?! I mean I know its not my decision but you literally just said that I was the deciding factor!"

"Rowan-"

"You didn't know what I wanted! All you had to do was talk to me about it and I would've told you to keep it! I would've told you that I dont care about the promise we made to eachother!" He closed his eyes and sat on the couch opposite from the couch I was sitting on then he clasped his hands together as he lowered his head. "Cass I wanted something serious...  I had feelings for you... And I'm sorry you made the wrong decision just because you thought you knew me... Maybe I needed another kid to bring me out of this darkness I'm stuck in... But you didn't even talk to me about it... You took away my say in the matter. If you'd told me that you got an abortion because you weren't ready for another kid I wouldn't be upset at all right now... But instead you're saying that you got one because of an assumption about me... Which was wrong."

"Rowan I'm sorry..."

"Sorry wont fix this. All you had to do was tell me. I told you everything. I trusted you sooo much. Yet you didn't even think twice about telling me that you were pregnant with our kid..."

"But what if you really weren't ready for a kid but I wanted one... That would've tore me apart..."

"All you had to do was talk to me Cassidy. Because then you'd know that I would never in my life tell a girl to get an abortion."

"Are you purposely trying to say that I got one for no reason..."

"No, I'm saying that you made the stupid decision of assuming that you knew me and what was best for me. I can't believe you'd do that... I dont even know who you are anymore."

And with that he stood up and left...

Making me feel like the most evil person on the planet.

Good job Cassidy.