Chapter 51: Things Fall Apart

Journey's P.O.V.

I hid behind a bush, watching my brother try to defend himself from Jesse's (my ex) knife wielding friends. He already had cuts all over him but was still holding on. Jordan lay 5 feet away holding onto his stomach where he'd been shot. I wanted to run over and help him but he kept warning me to stay hidden.

After he'd first been shot I called River because I didn't know who else to call. I didn't want to call the cops because they take forever to get to this part of town.

We were in the parking lot of a vacant bazaar so no one was around to help us.

I heard Legend yell.

I looked over at him and saw a huge cut across his face. He stumbled and fell onto the ground while Jesse's friends continued to kick and punch him. One of them had a knife to his throat which Legend was struggling to push away.

I jumped up and looked around for a weapon. Unfortunately the only thing I could find was a rock. I picked it up and was about to charge until I heard Jordan.

"Journey, no." He said in between pained breaths. "There's too many of them. Your gonna get yourself killed."

I didn't care. I wasnt gonna let them kill my brother.

I ran towards them and hit the rock against the man's head that had the knife against Legend's throat. He fell over, completely unconscious. Another guy grabbed me and threw me to the ground. Just when I thought I was dead meat I saw AJ get out of his car and run towards me. He pulled the guy off and started swinging.

I heard choking so I looked over at Jordan. I hurried over to him and turned him onto his side. As soon as I did he started coughing up blood.

This was bad. Really bad.

Jesse and his friends were now teaming up on AJ. There were about six of them so there was no way he could take them all.

"River where are you??" I said to myself as I tried to stop Jordan from coughing up blood.

Suddenly my prayers were answered when I heard the sound of tires screech.

River jumped out of the car and did his thing.

One by one he took out Jesse's friends until it was just him and Jesse standing. Jesse had a gun at first but River knocked it out of his hand so he pulled out a knife. He swung it at River but he ducked and so it missed him. River was doing fine until one of Jesse's friends went up behind him and put him in a chokehold. I got up and was about to help but River looked at me and started shaking his head no. He tried to ease his way out of the chokehold but was stopped in the worst way possible.

Jesse grabbed a knife and stabbed River straight in the chest. River grunted in pain and tried to escape the grip of Jesse's friend but Jesse dug the knife deeper into River's chest until the blade was completely in.
"River!!" I screamed as tears started streaming down my face. Blood started to come out of his mouth and his face was turning purple because he couldn't breathe. His eyes were starting to close and his strength was completely gone.

"JESSE STOP YOU'RE KILLING HIM!"

"Shut up stupid bitch. You're next." Jesse warned.

"Don't hurt her." River managed to say.

I looked around and spotted a brick on the ground. I picked it up and hit Jesse's friend in the head with it as hard as I could. He blacked out and let go of River. AJ grabbed Jesse by the neck and choked him out.

River had enough strength to make his way over to Jordan who was barely hanging on.

"AJ, Journey, get him to the car." He said out of breath.