Chapter 174: Target

Cassidy's P.O.V.

About an hour or so after my talk with Sehrem he called me and asked me to come out to the parking lot.

Not expecting much, I met him there along with Simartè.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You're pregnant?" Simartè questioned.

"Yes..."

"I don't mean for this to come off as rude I promise that's not my intention... But are you 100% sure the child is my brother's child?"

I'll admit, I took a slight offense by her question but I knew she didn't mean any harm by it.

"Yes I'm sure. Why?"

Sehrem looked at me in concern but didn't speak as he bit his bottom lip.

"Why are you two acting so weird?"

"Because this is very bad." Simartè answered.

"How come?"

"He or she will be born gifted..."

"Kaiser was born gifted and no one made a huge deal out of it like now."

"Kaiser was also the only gifted one of your children."

"Okay?"

"There will be people that want your child dead."

"People that are like Peter?"

"No, like my father and Cato. And everyone else that is a member of SAGE."

"Why would they want my kid dead?"

"There are two kinds of 'mutant' children; demi-bloods and full-bloods. Average mutants are only able to have one full-blood and the rest of their children are demi-bloods. Stronger mutants like my brothers, my sisters, and myself, however, are only capable of having either normal children or full-bloods and its strictly forbidden for those with the strength of my siblings and I to have more than 1 full blood child."

"Why?"

"Remember when I told you in the past that some mutants use their powers for the worse?" Asked Sehrem. "Well 2nd born full-bloods have been known to do so. In fact there's only one 2nd born full-blood that hasn't and that's Mara. They are historically dangerous and father does not allow them to be born."

"What if my kid is just normal?"

"Its not normal. I'm able to sense when a child of ours is being born."

"So what happens if I give birth to him/her anyways?"

"SAGE will kill them."

"Based off of an assumption?"

"Unfortunately."

"How is Mara still alive then?"

"Her mother hid her. Then one day Apollo saw her in his dreams. He informed us that she was a 2nd born but her role I. The future would be essential.

I'm not getting an abortion..."

"We're not asking you to." Said Simartè. "My father and Kratos just can't find out."

"How come you two are trying to help me? Wouldn't you get in trouble if they found out you knew?"

"Yes." Sehrem answered. "But killing a child because of something they might do is wrong. Simartè, Apollo, and I have never agreed with that."

"But isn't Kaiser technically the 2nd born since Arabella was gifted?"

"Well no because when Arabella died her gift was passed on to her brother." Sehrem explained.

"So my kid is gonna have a target in his back the second its born.... Great."

"Cassidy we will do everything we can to help. Even if it means betraying our father." Said Simartè. "You have our word."