Chapter 187: I Saw Him

Ca'sius's P.O.V.

"You're giving up because we won't tell you who our enemy is? Even though its safer for EVERYONE that you dont know who it is?" I asked after being called by Kratos to the conference room where my sons and daughters were planning on putting training to a halt.

"Sounds accurate." Said Simartè.

"As your father I should be able to depend on you all to train those kids to their full potential."

"As our father we should be able to trust that you're telling us the truth and nothing but the truth and that you're not setting those kids up for failure." Said Sidonyus.

"They wont fail with the proper training thats why you all can't just halt everything. It shouldn't matter who the enemy is. All that matters is that we're prepared for when the enemy comes."

"Father we will NOT put the lives of those kids on the line just to win." Raes stated. "If you want Dia, Simartè, Theana, Sidonyus, Sehrem, and I to lay our lives down to win this war we will do so without the slightest bit of hesitation. But we wont do so with those kids fighting next to us against someone who could possibly be more powerful than even you and Kratos combined. So unless you want to tell us who we're training them against, the only people that will be fighting is the 6 of us."

"As powerful as the 6 of you are, you wont be able to win without those kids."

"Guess you'd better start planning our funerals now then shouldn't you..." Sehrem retorted.

There had to be a way around this.

They had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

...

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Today was the day of Kai's big game and if his team managed to win then they'd get a chance to compete in the Boys' Junior Olympic Soccer Tournament in New York next month.

It was also his first game without his dad watching and the game that River had been helping him practice for before the incident.

My poor little guy had been nervous all day.

"What if I mess up?"

"You're not going to." I assured him. "Though if you do its okay. Dont be too hard on yourself."

"But the whole team's counting on me.... I can't mess up."

"Of course they're counting on you. You're the team captain. Kai you'll do good. You always do." Logan stated. "What did Dad always tell you before your games?"

"The secret to success is the desire to be successful." He smiled a bit after reminding himself then reached for something around his neck only to find out that nothing was there.

"No!" He exclaimed. "My necklace!"

"I've got it I've got it." Said Meadow as she pulled it out of her pocket and handed it to him. "You left it on your nightstand."

He let out a sigh of relief then put it on.

It was River's pendant necklace that he'd given Kai 3 years ago. Kai calls it his lucky charm and has never left the house without it.

"Game's starting soon buddy." Jordan said to him.

"Unfortunately..." He mumbled to himself then looked at Lindsay. "Uncle Max isn't coming is he?"

"Sorry Kai, your uncle Max is having a hard time pulling himself together." She explained.

"If you lose I'm disowning you." Morgan threatened.