Chapter 118: Clarity

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"His real dad?" I asked.

Ca'sius nodded his head yes.

"Then who's Elliot?"

"My brother."

"Your.... Brother?"

"Yep. But as Apo- Or River- grew up he was more of a guardian to him. He still is."

This was all so confusing.

"So you had River with River's mom.... But then your brother married her?"

"River's mother and I had sex once. And that was within a week of meeting eachother. When she became pregnant I had too much to worry about already because with River's birth came many dangers. So I assigned my brother to look after him since I couldn't. Elliott and River's mother eventually fell in love. Which didn't bother me because River's mother and I weren't ever in love."

"So then Legend... He isn't River's actual brother?"

"No but Everett was. Everett was my other son that Elliott raised."

"It was only River and Everett then?"

"No. All of those people that you just met were his other brothers and sisters."

"All of them?"

"Yes, Raes is his older brother. Dia and Theana are his older sisters. Sehrem and Sidonyus are his younger brothers. And Simarté is his twin sister."

"He's a twin!?" I just about yelled.

"Yes he is." Ca'sius laughed. "River and Simarté are very close. The bond they have is incomprehensible."

"How come Elliott didn't raise her too then?"

"Its complicated."

"Why hasn't he ever talked about her then? Or his other siblings?"

"Because he's not supposed to."

"Why is this all some sort of secret?"

"Its best that it remains that way. Believe me."

"Can you answer one more question for me?" I asked.

"Depends... What's your question?"

"What's the deal with my son?"

"I can't tell you everything but I'll tell you as much as I can." He began. "Your son is special. River's daughter Arabella was born with a 'gift'. The gift is usually given to a first born which technically means Elise but our definition of 'first born' is something completely different. After she died, the gift had to be passed down to one of his other children. River didn't know which one it would be, but as soon as he held Kaiser for the first time, he knew it was him. Now don't worry, your son will have a normal childhood and his teen years will be fairly normal as well, but when he turns 18, his gift will officially become a part of him and he'll know that something about him is different. A few years after that it will be fully introduced to him."

"Why does this sound like a sci-fi film?" I asked, kinda unconvinced that he was telling the truth.

"I know its hard to believe but its going to happen."

"What did Raes mean when he said he'd have teach him everything?"

"Well, I know you're aware of what's gonna happen in a few years, so River will only be around to set the foundation for Kaiser to build upon. Like Sehrem said earlier, those first few years are going to be the most important part of your son's life. Since River won't be around to help Kaiser with his gift, the next most qualified person would be his Raes. Cato, Sehrem, Dia, Theana, Sid, Simarté, and I wouldn't be of much help because his particular gift is one that Raes is a master of. The rest of us specialize in other things. So yes Raes will have to teach him how to use it. And once River's gone, Raes will have to help you raise Kaiser."