Chapter 21: Legendary Loss

"Cassie!!" My younger brother Riley yelled as he basically tackled me to the ground.

"Whoa Riley!" I began. "You've gotten big! Damn you're taller than me now."

"Well duh, that's how puberty works." He replied.

"Whats up J?" He greeted Jordan with a hug.

"Max, or should I say...Maximus." He said to Max as he fist bumped him.

"Riley, my name isn't even Maximus. Its Maxwell." Max corrected.

"Oh, oops." He apologized as he looked at Aj.

"You look like a fun dude, what's up I'm Riley." He stated.

Aj laughed and shook his hand.

"Oh hell no, Aj and Riley are bad enough on their own but together...this isn't gonna be good." Jordan pointed out.

I completely agreed. Both of them were just alike and I wasn't sure if I was ready for an Aj and Riley collaboration.

"Who's the hot guy?" Riley asked as he pointed to River who was paying the taxi driver.

"My friend River." Max replied.

"Cool name. Is that his kid?" He asked when he saw Grayson.

"Uh.. nope. Long story." Jordan responded.

"Hey East, where's mom and dad?" I asked as we started taking our things out of the taxi. East was Riley's nickname. Its short for Easton- his middle name.

"Dad's at work, Mom's talking to Max's mom and Jordan's parents. I dont think they know you guys are here yet. I didn't really tell them. I just looked out the window, saw the taxi, and ran outside." Riley stated as he grabbed a few of my bags.

"Wait- my mom's here?" Max asked.

"Yep." Riley replied. "And your sister."

When he said Max's sister was here we ALL groaned. Even River. Max's sister was the literal she-devil. She acted extremely stuck up and straight up thought she was the queen of the world.

Max walked up to the doorstep and mumbled under his breath: "Why does she have to be here..."

Before he could even get inside the house Max's mom ran outside.

"Oh my baby boy! It's been a year!" She grabbed his cheeks and planted about 20 kisses on each. "You're so handsome son!"

"Thanks ma." He responded with a smile.

My mom and Jordan's parents soon came outside and greeted all of us then helped me get the rest of my bags inside.

Our house was pretty big, not as big as River and Legend's parents house, but it was still pretty big. It had six bedrooms and 5 bathrooms as well as a huge living room. When we finished settling in we all sat in the living room and waited for my dad to get home.

"So who's this little fella?" Jordan's dad, Floyd, asked referring to Grayson.

Max, River, Aj, Jordan, and I all looked at eachother wondering if we should tell the truth about where we got the kid.

Of course we weren't going to.

"Uh, this is River's-" I began.

"God son." Jordan finished.

"Yea. His parents went out of town for a few days so River's watching him." Max continued.

"No guys, remember, we got him from the airport." Aj added.