Chapter 22: Mission Impossible (Parent Edition)

A/N

Yes I chose Patrick Dempsey Aka Dr. McDreamy as Cassidy's dad lol.

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

The next day was December 20th....5 days before Christmas. Almost all of us were awake by 8 am (surprisingly), so Jordan, Xander, River, Riley, Aj and I decided that we were gonna go to the mall and maybe get a few gifts for Christmas. River and Grayson were staying with Max while Jordan and AJ were staying at my parent's house because Jordan hardly even liked staying at his own parents house whenever we visited home. Max, River, and Grayson came over around 7 but Max was taking a nap upstairs so Xander and I went to wake him up.

We snuck into the room he was sleeping in and decided to mess with him a bit before we woke him.

"Aw, he looks like an angel when he sleeps." Xander said.

I noticed he had his phone laying next to his ear on the pillow and I pressed the home button and saw that he was on the phone with someone.

"Oh my god that's so cute. He and Lindsay fell asleep together while talking on the phone." I whispered.

"Thats weird." Xander replied.

"No it's not. Lindsay's so lucky she has a guy like Max. He's such a sweetheart." I stated as I watched him sleep more.

"You know what's really weird though?" He asked. "The fact that we're staring at him while he's sleeping."

I nodded my head yeah and laughed. I turned off his phone for him and Xander decided to play around a bit.

He laid in bed next to Max and started playing with his ear while he whispered:

"Wakey wakey cutie pie."

Max slowly opened his eyes and turned his head. He laughed when he came face to face with Xander.

"Such a lovely sight to wake up to." He said.

"Yea, I know." Xander responded. "Now, get up. We're heading out in a bit to go to the mall. Maybe do a bit of Christmas shopping."

"Hm, okay." He sleepily replied.

Within half an hour everyone was downstairs and ready to go...well, not really ready to go. We were all still in our PJ's...which consisted of joggers, sweatpants and V-neck shirts...and that's exactly how we were gonna go in the mall. We honestly didn't care either. Even Grayson was in his little Batman pajamas.

We debated for a few minutes about who's vehicle to drive. Jordan suggested we drive his parents' while Max volunteered his. Xander had his car with him but it wouldn't have fit all of us. After much thought we decided that our best option was to steal my dad's SUV- his black 2017 Escalade- or "borrow" it as Aj put it.

Since my parents were sleeping and the truck keys were in their room we chose Riley to be the one to sneak in there to grab them. Mainly because he was the smallest with the exception of Grayson so he could move around faster and quieter without waking them and also because he'd done it plenty of times before- so he was a pro at it. Except there was one problem... when he opened our parent's room door the keys weren't on the dresser like they usually were; which meant that my dad had put them in one of the many drawers in their room.

We sent Jordan in there to help find the keys since he was quick and quiet as well. They searched and searched but just couldn't find them. Max, Aj, River, Xander, Grayson and I stuck our heads in the room to see if we could spot them.

And I did.

They were lying on the pillow next to my dad.

"Cassidy..." Riley mouthed at me. "There's no way I'm getting those!"

I mouthed back: "Get Jordan to do it!"

Jordan quickly looked at me and shook his head no.

"How are we gonna go then?" I whispered.

"I got it." River replied back.

Without saying anything else River quietly tiptoed into the room and over to my parents' bed. Jordan and Riley stood on my mom's side of the bed while River was on my dad's side. He slowly reached over my dad and grabbed the keys but as he did, Riley started walking towards the door and tripped over the edge of the bed. He fell causing a loud thud. My dad opened his eyes but luckily Jordan and River dropped to the floor before he saw them. Xander and I pushed Max, Aj, and Grayson behind us so that our Dad wouldn't see them.

"What- what are you guys doing?" My dad asked as he slightly raised his head and rubbed his eyes to focus his vision.

"Uh- um- nothing. Wha- what are youuu doing?" Xander studdered.

"Sleeping. Well, I was... why are you two in here?" He asked clearly suspicious of us.

"We were just...admiring you and mom while you slept." I replied not realizing how ridiculous that sounded.

Xander gave me a wtf glare after processing my reply but oh well, it was too late. It wasn't like I could erase what I'd already said.

"Admiring us? Why? You two are- weird." He stated.

I looked over at River who was still laying down on the floor right next to my dad's side of the bed. I started praying that my dad wouldn't get out of bed.

Luckily my prayers were answered.

"Ok, I'm gonna try to get some more sleep. I didn't go to sleep until 4 this morning...so if you two would please exit our room that'd be lovely." He stated as he turned around in bed with his back facing us. I looked down at River then at Jordan and Riley and nodded my head, signaling for them to crawl over to the door and out of the room.

Jordan and Riley did it with ease but River had a bit of a problem.

The keys were still in his hand and every time he moved they rattled.

So of course Xander thought the only logical thing to do was run full speed into the room and jump directly onto my parents to cause a distraction.

Well, it worked at least.

River jumped up and took off out the room making it just in time before my mom and dad woke up.

"What the- dude get off of me! You're not 6 anymore!" My dad yelled.

"Ouch- Alexander James Monroe!" My mom rose her voice in frustration and obvious pain. "You landed on my hip!"

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Xander was literally laying horizontally across both of my now complaining parents.

He eventually got off and we left the room while waiting for my parents to fall back to sleep...which only took about 5 minutes...then we snuck out to my dad's suv and headed to the mall.