Chapter 145: Can't Be Trusted.

Cassidy's P.O.V.

The doctor said that Kaiser showed no more signs of physical trauma and that he was good to go.

"We got lucky little guy." I said to his as I held him while Lindsay, Journey and I walked out.

He giggled and gave me a kiss.

"He's such a happy baby." Said Journey.

"I know. As soon as he woke up after River healed him he looked at River and started smiling."

"That's so cute. He looks at the bright side of things." Lindsay stated. "Morgan just likes figuring out ways to get in trouble."

"Payton likes figuring out ways to piss of her dad." Journey chuckled.

We turned down a hall and accidently bumped into River.

"Dude... What happened to you?" Asked Journey.

He had his shirt off and all over his torso, face, and arms were a ridiculous amount of gashes and bruises.

"3 hours of training with Mara happened." He replied. "She kept losing control and literally knocked the air out of me... Three times..."

"Little bitch." Lindsay mumbled.

"Lindsay stop." I said. "Mara didn't mean to."

"Mara?" Kaiser said.

"Yes the prick that almost killed you." Lindsay told him.

"Prick?" He repeated.

"Kaiser no dont say that!" I retorted as River, Journey, and Lindsay laughed.

"She's still learning to control it." River defended Mara.

"She shouldn't have used it around kids anyway." Lindsay shot back.

"That's the thing..." He began. "She wasn't trying to. Our powers are triggered by emotions. Fear, anger, and panic. The experienced ones, like Sehrem and Simarté, are able to withhold it. The younger ones, who are fairly inexperienced, dont know how to keep it from unleashing. Then there's people like Mara, Raes, and I who are among the most powerful. Raes and I have been doing this our entire lives yet we struggle to control ourselves when we're met with fear, panic, or anger because the strength of our powers are tremendous. Mara, who's both extremely powerful AND inexperienced, struggles more than we do. It almost consumes her. What happened earlier wasn't her fault at all. Using her powers didn't cross her mind once."

"It happened because she was so set on escaping." Lindsay stated.

"No it happened because she was afraid. She can't help the fact that she was afraid. Her powers took over. Even if she wanted to stop it from happening she wouldn't have been able to. At least not until she's further trained."

"Your point is?" Asked Lindsay.

"My point is that the same thing would've happened if she was in Sehrem's office. Even if he wasn't chasing her. She could've been sleeping and it still would've happened because its completely out of her hands. Its sort of like when you get scared and your heart starts racing. You can't help the fact that your heart's racing. You can't control that."

"Why are you defending her?" Asked Journey.

"Because you guys dont understand what its like to deal with powers. Especially at a young age. 100% of the people here have had incidents where they hurt people because they couldn't control themselves. Kaiser's gonna do it too one day. Some of these kids have even accidentally killed people because of it. Mara's just a kid."

"She's 19..." Said Lindsay.

"No, she's 17. She only said that to try to be intimidating. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go make sure my left lung hasn't been detached because it sure as hell feels like it."

"He's such a doofus." Journey giggled. .

I pulled out my phone and called Max.

"Uh- yea?" He answered, seeming a bit nervous.

"You still have Meadow with you right?" I asked.

"Yea she's with me."

"Ask him where Morgan is." Said Lindsay.

"Where's Morgan?"

Max paused and I heard Ryan and J start to laugh in the background.

"Uh he's uh... He's right here."

"Put Jordan on the phone." I demanded.

Seconds later I heard J's voice.

"Hiya."

"Jordan where are you guys?"

"Taking a stroll around the Rift."

"All three of the babies are with you?"

"Uh... Yea. Sure."

"What do you mean sure?"

"I mean.... Sure."

"Give me the phone." Said Lindsay as she snatched the phone away.

"Jordan what's going in and you better not lie to me! Why's Max acting weird!?"

"Max always acts weird. Is that really anything new?"

"Give the phone to Ryan..... NOW."

"Hi she-devil." Said Ryan.

"What's going on?" Lindsay asked him.

"Oh nothing."

"Ryan I'm serious...."

"Damn lady I said nothing."

"Put Morgan on the phone."

"Do what?"

"Put Morgan-"

"I can't hear you I think the phone's breaking up."

"Ryan I can hear you perf-"

"Hanging up now. Talk to you later!"

Then the phone clicked.

She handed the phone back to me and looked at me with a pissed off expression.

"We're gonna go look for Max, J, and Ryan, we're gonna find them, and we're going to KILL them."

Whelp. This was bound to be fun.