Chapter 125: Catastrophic

Riley's P.O.V.

"YOU DID WHAT!?" River yelled, completely sobering me up, after we told him what had happened. "HOW THE HELL DID YOU LOSE TWO KIDS!?"

"I don't know they just ran off." Elise said.

It was 3 am and after an hour of searching for Logan and Benji we gave up and decided that at that point, telling the adults would be the best thing to do.

"Do you 3 not understand what 'you're grounded' means!? It means you can't fucking sneak out with 10 year olds, venture around Paris, and get drunk! You must be out of your minds! Who's idea was this!?!?" Max yelled.

All three of us looked at eachother but no one ratted anyone out.

"We all just wanted to have a little bit of fun." Maddy stated.

"Well you lost your chance to have fun when you nimrods almost got yourself killed in Minnesota!" River retaliated. "Fuck what Cassidy said about grounding you. When I get back, you three are gonna WISH that you were the ones lost in Paris!"

Okay this time I actually was scared.

"Can you at least not tell Cassidy that I got drunk?" I pleaded to them.

"We're not gonna tell her. You are." Max stated.

Before I could argue against that he and River left.

"A part of me feels like running away before they get back." Said Maddy. "Did you see the look Max was giving us? And how red River's face was!? I'm terrified for my life!"

"Relax." I insisted. "Its not like they're gonna kill us. They might torture us... But they won't kill us.... I hope."

"Maybe if we suck up to them they'll go a bit easier on us..." Elise remarked. "I say we make them breakfast. A big breakfast. They're gonna be out searching for a while and by the time they get back it'll be breakfast time anyways."

"That's not a bad idea." Maddy added.

"Then lets do it." I said.

We went to the kitchen and pulled out everything we needed.
Eggs, crap for the pancakes, sausage, bacon, stuff to make croissants, rice, and a ton of other crap.

I was in charge of making the pancakes.

I grabbed some eggs and cracked them into a bowl then stirred.

I melted two sticks of butter in the microwave then added it to the batter along with 2 cups of milk and a little cinnamon.

I then grabbed a pan and sprayed a bit of non-stick spray onto it and poured some of the batter into it.

Within an hour I had made about 25 pancakes and I still had a lot of batter left so I wasn't gonna be done anytime soon. I looked over at Elise who was working on the croissants and Maddy who was cutting up the sausage.

We were really determined to make up for sneaking out and losing the kids.

After another hour had passed I finished with the pancakes. I kept them covered on the stove so that they would stay warm and attempted to help Elise who needed to put the croissants in the oven.

The only problem was that this oven was a weird ass oven.

The controls on it were different and not like anything I'd seen before.

"The best we can do is just hope like hell we get this right." I said as I turned a notch all the way to the right causing a light to come on. Soon we felt the oven start to get warmer. We high fived eachother then she put the croissants inside and closed it.

"I think we did a good job." Maddy stated.

"Agreed." Said Elise.

"Lets go relax until the food's ready." I insisted. "Its gonna take a while."

We went to the living-room and watched TV for about half an hour. It was a nightmare. I was stuck between two girls who wouldn't shut up about how hot Channing Tatum was in 21 jump street.

Suddenly I smelled something.

"Guys..." I said to get their attention.

"What?" Asked Maddy.

"Does something smell weird to you?"

They both inhaled deeply, taking in the air.

"Oh shit..." Elise mumbled as she jumped up.

My crippled ass jumped up and grabbed my crutches and followed them into the kitchen.

We froze when we realized what the smell was.

The oven was on fire.

"Quick, find something to put it out!" Maddy yelled/whispered... Trying not to wake anyone else in the house up.

I grabbed the first bottle with liquid that I saw and I threw it into the fire.

Then the whole damn thing burst into flames.

"Riley what did you throw in there!?" Asked Elise.

I looked at the bottle then mentally facepalmed myself.

"Vegetable oil..."

"You idiot!" Maddy exclaimed. "Find a fire extinguisher!"

We searched and search but saw no extinguisher in sight.

Then the fire alarm went off.

"Oh great." I sarcastically remarked.

"Found it!" Maddy yelled.

She hurriedly opened the oven and sprayed the extinguisher into it. After a good 10 seconds or so the fire finally ceased.

We knew the adults would run in at any second though because of the alarm.

"What caused it?" Elise asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I turned it up too high..." I replied.

"What's that?" Asked Maddy as she pointed inside of it.

I looked closer and saw a large burnt object up against the wall of the oven.

They talked me into pulling it out so I grabbed a pair of oven mitts and did so.

When the thing hit the ground we all screamed.

We burnt the fucking cat.

"Oh my god...." Said Elise as she put her hands over her mouth.

Maddy very cautiously took a few steps back. "We cooked.. The cat."

I was at a loss for words.

The once white and fluffy cat by the name of Ruby was now charred, burnt, and lifeless.

"How did it even get in there?" I asked.

"Maybe it was already in there and we just didn't realize it." Elise guessed as tears fell down her face. "I can't believe we cooked the cat."

Suddenly we heard a scream come from behind us.

We turned around and saw everyone staring down at the cat.
Elizabeth fell down to her knees in her night gown, bawling her eyes out.

"What did you guys do!?" Ryan asked.

"We were trying to make breakfast and then the oven- and the croissants- and the cat-" Maddy tried to explain but couldn't calm down enough to.

"Wow..." Said AJ. "That cat looks very overcooked. This is CATastrophic."

Everyone turned their heads towards him.

"Too soon.... Sorry." He apologized as he took a step back.

"I wonder what cat tastes like." Tommy mumbled yet loud enough so that we all heard him.

"Tommy!" Journey exclaimed.

He apologized and did the same as AJ, taking a step back in embarrassment.

Yep. That's it. Max and River were gonna kill us.

"Better start writing my will now..." Maddy mumbled.