Chapter 33: +1

My mouth dropped. My eyes starting tearing up. I felt myself about to pass out. I couldn't believe it...

I was pregnant.

I hid the three tests at the very bottom of the trash can and left out the bathroom. I sat on my bed to try to process everything but to make matters worse, River walked in.

"Hey beautiful." He said as he sat down next to me. "What's wrong? You look worried."

I didn't respond. I just looked at him. Stared into his eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes.

Would our kid have River's eyes? And his smile? Should I even tell River that I'm pregnant? What would he do if I did? Would he leave me? Or would he help to raise him or her? So many questions ran through my head. But no answers.

"Sweetheart?" River said trying to get my attention. "You gonna talk or no?"

"I'm fine." I replied. "Just thinking."

"About?" He asked

"Nothing important." I lied.

"Cassidy, you're lying." He stated as he stared me down.

"What? No I'm not." I responded

"Yea you are. Whenever you lie you always start playing with your fingers."

I looked down at my fingers and saw that he was right.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?" He asked.

I shook my head no and tried to look as casual as ever.

But he knew something was wrong.

He kissed my forehead and left the room.

Obviously aware of the fact that I was hiding something.

I walked up to the tall mirror that was hanging on the door and examined my body. I turned sideways and tried to imagaine myself with a baby bump. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't.

I picked up my phone and dialed Lindsay's number. She was the only one that could help me at the moment.

She picked up after a few rings and immediately started attacking me with questions.

"So was I right? Are you pregnant? Did the tests come back positive?" She anxiously asked.

I hesitated but mumbled a small yes answering all three of her questions.

There was silence on the other end of the phone but I couldn't't blame her. I still couldn't even believe it myself.

"Lindsay what am I gonna do?" I desperately asked her.

"Tell him. Tell him now. He's gonna find out sooner or later." She replied.

I groaned at her answer but I knew she was right.

"But I dont know how to tell him. I'm not even sure he wants a kid right now." I complained.

"But he just adopted Grayson. He obviously did it because he wanted a kid Cassie." She stated.

"Yea but Grayson's 5 years old. Taking care of a newborn baby is a lot harder than taking care of a 5 year old. It requires a lot more patience. And River definitely isn't known for his patience. In fact, he's the most impatient person I've ever met."

The more I complained the more afraid I became.

"Cassidy tell him! He deserves to know! And you deserve to know if he's actually willing to help you raise a kid or if he's STILL just playing you!" She yelled getting frustrated. "This is like the ultimate test of your relationship."