Chapter 154: Dead.

River's P.O.V.

"Well that was a dumb move..." I stated as I grabbed Logan's arm and flipped him off of me causing him to land with his back on the ground as I pressed my knee down into his chest.

"I did what you told me to do!" He grunted, struggling to get me off of him.

"Yes but then you let your guard down. Never let your guard down."

I finally removed my knee from his chest and helped him up.

"Again." I said.

"You're gonna kill him." Legend stated as he and Cassidy watched from the couch.

"No I'm not... Well I won't try to."

"Wait what?" Asked Logan.

"Nothing... Now come on."

He took a deep breath then started over, trying his hardest to remember everything I told him.

He tried to hit me with a right hook but I grabbed his fist and pushed him back.

"That was way too predictable Logan."

He then threw a left hook then attempted an uppercut but I dodged both.

"You've gotta do better than that son. Remember what I told you..."

He ran at me then ducked as I was about to grab him, circled around me, kneed me in the abdomen, then roundhouse kicked me dead in the face causing me to stumble and black out for about .2 seconds.

He threw his hands over his mouth in shock as I knelt down to try to regain full consciousness while Cassidy and Legend uncontrollably laughed their asses off.

"Oh my god!" Cass exclaimed.

"Dude!" Legend followed up as he literally fell off the couch laughing.

"Holy fuck." I stated, still trying to catch my consciousness yet everything in the room was spinning.

I coughed and blood splattered out causing them to laugh even harder.

"Oh shit..." Logan mumbled.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked, finally managing to unblur my vision.

"Um because I literally almost knocked you out..."

"Next time don't stop until you do knock me out." I retorted.

"Seriously?"

"Yes when you're fighting you don't just stop when you start to feel bad or get scared. That's how you lose. You let your guard down again."

"I feel so bad for laughing..." Cassidy said as she finally started to calm down yet still chuckling.

"Its just the sound when Logan's foot connected with his face was hilarious as hell. River fucking blacked out." Legend remarked, still laughing uncontrollably.  

"That sound was my nose breaking." I replied as I stood up and went to the mirror. "Yep, definitely broken. I've gotta give you props though Logan, that was a badass kick."

"Learned from the best."

"Indeed you did."

"Going to the hospital?" Asked Cass.

"Why would I do that?"

"Maybe because your nose is broken...?"

"It'll heal."

"Doesn't it hurt?"

"The pain of the mind is worse than the pain of the body."

Suddenly my phone rang and when I answered it I was met with the clearly unsatisfied voice of Max.