Chapter 160: Unveiled

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"So is he mad?" Asked Lindsay as we sat in the kitchen of Max's parents' house.

"He says he's not. But I know he is. He didn't talk to me at all afterwards and he's hardly talked to me today."

"Feeling any regret?"

"I mean yea I regret repeatedly pushing him but I dont regret a word I said."

"You two will be fine. You've gotten into worse arguments."

"Lindsay.... He literally punched a hole in the wall two inches from my face."

"Its not like he actually hit you though."

"Yea but he sure as hell wanted to. I'm not blaming him though, I shouldn't have pushed him to that point. I guess I forgot who I was dealing with for a second."

"Clearly. And I know this isn't really my business but you've gotta stop questioning his motives so much Cassie. River's not dumb, he knows that what he did to Floyd was wrong but like he said, he did what he thought he had to do. That doesn't make him an awful person. You know more than anyone how big of a heart he has. He puts everyone before himself and would risk his life to save anyone, even a stranger, just as long as they deserve to be saved. He's a good man with good intentions."

"I know I know..."

As I thought about what Lindsay said a thought came to me.

It was time to let her know that I knew about what happened....

"I uh- I know you and River had sex a while back." I stated.

Judging by her sudden change of expression, I knew my statement threw her a bit off guard.

"So he told you..."

"Yea. But I'm not mad at you for it."

"Really?"

"Yea."

"Well I still wanna apologize to you for coming onto him."

"What? He said came onto you first..."

She slightly chuckled and shook her head. "He probably only told you that so that you wouldn't hate me. But nope, I came onto him first."

"So how'd it really happen?"

"We were talking then I kissed him. He pulled away at first but I went in for another kiss and things just went from there. Afterwards we laid in bed... He wrapped his arms around me. Made me feel like everything was gonna be okay. Then he called me your name."

"Are you serious?" I chuckled.

"Yep. He felt so bad afterwards and kept apologizing. It was hilarious." She giggled. "But it only happened twice and we haven't even so much as looked at eachother the same way since then."

"Like I said its fine. Its in the past."

"Can I ask you something now?"

"Of course, anything."

"How did it happen the first time with you and Max?"

Oh boy....

"Well uh... Kinda happened the same way it happened between you and River. We were talking one second then trying to catch our breaths the next."

"Were you ever really in love with him?"

"Yea for sure. I tried to convince myself for a while that it was just infatuation but nope, I really was in love with him. I'd always had a thing for Max. Even when I was a kid I had the biggest crush on him. But once I got older I didn't try to pursue anything because he was my brother's bestfriend and he was more of a brother to me as well. Then you and him got together and I just erased all thoughts of being with him."