Chapter 15: Can't Win for Losing

A.N.
Sorry its taken me a while to update, I've been reaaally busy lately. Anyways to make it up to you guys I'm publishing two chapters today. 😊 It'd mean a lot to me if you guys could give feedback on both chapters and let me know what you think so far of the story.

Thanks for reading!!! XXX
****************************

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Today was Friday and my first "date" with River. It was 8:25 already and River was gonna be here any second.

While I was still in his office he asked me where did I wanna go and I told him to a club down the street from the university but his response was, and I quote:

"There's no way I'm taking you to that trashy place full of imbeciles. You deserve better than that."

So he ended up picking a restaurant in the north part of town that was about 30 minutes away.

My friend Mariah was helping me with my hair and make up since Lindsay couldn't come over for some reason. Mariah and I got stuck on two dresses that I wanted to wear so we went into Jordan's room and asked for his advice.

"J." Mariah began. "If you had to choose, which dress says 'bang me'?"

"But also says 'classy bitch'." I added.

"Hm." Jordan thought for a moment. "That one." He pointed to the short turquoise one with glitter material crossing at the chest. (Pic at the top)

"Omg, I was totally gonna choose that one!" Mariah yelled.

"Me too!!" I yelled in response.

Jordan sighed then got up from his bed and escorted us to his door.

"You're both annoying. Out of my room please." He said as he shoved us out.

Mariah made a cat sound and clawed at him. "Someone's fiesty."

We went back to the bathroom and finished adding touch ups to my hair and make up.

"Cassidy you look sexy as hell." She stated as we finished everything.

"I know right." I responded.

Soon there was a knock on the door and I opened it to see the most gorgeous man in the history of mankind.

"Bonjour mon amour...wow, you look absolutely stunning." He said.

"Thank you." Both Mariah and I answered.

I laughed and rolled my eyes as I invited River in.

"Damn Cassidy he's hot." Mariah blurted out. "So what do you do for a living handsome?" She asked River. "Are you an actor? Calvin Klein model? Please don't tell me you're a porn star."

"Oh my God." I mumbled to myself. This girl had no filter.

"Uh- no I'm not a porn star though I've gotten tons of offers. I teach anatomy at the university and I'm a surgeon." He casually replied. "You've actually met me before. I'm a friend of Maxwell. My name's River."

"Wait- River?! You're the hot guy that fought Jordan at Sabrina's place! Wow Cassidy you're really going on a date with this guy?" Mariah said as she frowned her face up at River.

I gave her a death stare and hoped that River didn't see it. "Relax Mariah, we've already gotten over that. As a matter of fact Jordan has, kinda, forgiven him."

"Barely." Jordan said as he came out of his room. "Listen, River, If she tells me that you tried to do anything that she didn't want I'm coming after you."