Chapter 18

Aj's P.O.V.

"What on earth is wrong with you nimrod?!" Max fussed at me as he dragged me out of the police department by my ear. "Why the hell would you blow up a pregnant lady's car?!"

In my defense, I was doing her a favor. That car was uuuu-gly.

"I don't know. I was bored. Besides, she was a dick anyway." I replied which obviously wasn't the best answer because he pulled my ear even harder as we got to his truck.

"Ouch!" I yelled. "Are you deliberately trying to rip my damn ear off?!"

"Yes actually."

We got inside the truck and as he drove me back to my place he gave me one of his usual life lectures.

"Aiden this is the third time this month I've had to pick you up from the police department!" He said while glaring at me.

"Hey look on the bright side." I began. "That's three less than last month!"

I smiled at him hoping that he'd see how much I'd improved.

But of course he didn't.

He was such a party pooper.

"Max I feel like you were that kid in high school that everyone hated because their parents always compared them to you."

He gave a stern death glare.

"Aj, you do realize that you've been in that police department so much that all of the cops there know your name." Max stated.

"Yea...and I know all of theirs so what's the problem?" I asked.

He face palmed himself and gave me the 'Max glare' for about 15 seconds before turning back to face the road.

I knew that I wasn't the best person but I didn't care. All I wanted was to have fun while I could because after college, I wasn't gonna be able to get away with a lot of the things that I do now. And when I do become a grown adult I'm still gonna live life to it's fullest.

"Okay. We're here." Said Max as he pulled up to my place. "Try not to get into anymore trouble...at least for tonight. I'm gonna be a bit busy."

"Why? You gonna be with Lindsay? Ooo la la." I grinned.

"Yes I am now get out."

I got out and started airhumping while moaning Lindsay's name.

"Dude stop! That's weird." He stated.

"Which is why I did it." I replied with a wink as I left and made my way up to my apartment.

Jordan was coming over in a few minutes so I straightened up a bit- even though there really wasn't a need to. I'm always cleaning up...I hate messy places. Benefits of having strict parents.

I sat on my couch and scrolled through instagram on my phone.

"Trashy." I thought to myself after seeing a pic of a girl obviously trying too hard to look good.

"Trampy." I said about another.

"Thotty." I continued.

"Just- terrible." I mumbled when I came across another chick.

Thats exactly what I spent the next 15 minutes doing- criticizing girl's pictures.

Until Jordan came walking through my front door.

"Knock first maybe?" I asked him.

"Lock your door first maybe?" He sarcastically replied back as he went to the fridge and grabbed one my beers then took his shoes off and laid on the couch next to the one I was laying on.

"So what's going on bro?" He asked, taking a sip of his beer.

"Nothing much... Max just dropped me off after picking me up from the police department." I responded.

"For what?" He asked obviously not surprised.

"Blowing up a pregnant lady's car." I replied trying not to crack a grin.

"Nice dude...nice." He said as he bursted out laughing which set me off and made me laugh. "So have you packed yet? Or are you gonna wait until the last minute like you always do?"

I thought about whether I was gonna lie to him and tell him that I did or just be honest...of course I decided to lie.

"Yep. Finished yesterday." I lied.

"So you're telling me that if I were to go into your room I'd see packed suitcases?" He asked.

"Nope." I said.

We talked about nonsense for the next two hours...mainly chicks from our classes and previous relationships...which made me think of Cassidy.

"So how's Cassidy and Legend?" I asked him. He scratched at the scruff on his face and quietly sighed.

"They're uh- they're doing good." He replied. I noticed that he was biting the inside of his jaw and his face looked a bit flushed.

"Um...you okay dude?" I hesitantly asked not sure if something was bothering him or if he was just being weird.

He sat up on the couch and clasped his hands together as he looked at the ground.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Yeah of course."

"Promise you won't say anything to anyone about it?" He stared at me with a serious expression on his face as he waited for my answer.

"Yea. You have my word." I promised. "Why what's wrong?"

He took a deep breath then looked back at the ground.

"I saw Legend two weeks ago..." He began.

"Yeah?" I said trying to see where he was going with this.

"Lindsay and I were leaving a club and I saw Legend's truck in the parking lot. I walked up to it just to see if he was in there so I could say hey and- he was definitely in there." He said as looked at me like I was supposed to know what he meant.

"Your point is?"

"He was having sex with some chick."

"What the hell!!! " I yelled as I jumped up from the couch. "Does Cassidy know this?!"

"No. I didn't know how to tell her. She really likes him... a lot...and I don't want to be the the one to break the news to her." He admitted.

"If she finds out that he's cheating and that you knew about it she'd probably hate you for not telling her!"

"Why are you yelling at me!?!?!" He yelled back.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE HER BEST FUCKING FRIEND DUMBASS! YOU'VE KNOWN HER FOR 19 DAMN YEARS! SHE CONSIDERS YOU HER BROTHER!" I yelled even louder. "AND THE FACT THAT YOU'RE HIDING THIS FROM HER IS REALLY FUCKED UP! COME ON BRO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND TELL HER!"

"Aj, it's gonna break her heart. I don't wanna be the reason why her heart gets broken." He solemnly said.

"You really think she's in love with that guy? Its only been three months Jordan. If anything she's just gonna be upset for a few days but she'll get over it...plus, he's not even that attractive." I added trying to lighten the mood.

Jordan laughed and looked at me. "I think we both know that's not true."

"Yea." I agreed. "That guy's hot as hell."

"Fine. I'll tell her. But when we're on the plane to Colorado. So she'll have something to distract her from thinking about him." He said. I told him that it was a good idea and we talked for about 30 minutes more before he left and went home.

I just hoped that he'd actually tell her.