Chapter 58: Gig

Max's P.O.V.

"Stop complaining and stay still." I urged River who jumped everytime the cosmetologist plucked his eyebrows.

"I thought I was just filling in to take pictures. I wasnt told I had to go through all this plucking and shit." He complained.

"We have to make sure you look perfect. Models are obliged to." The cosmetologist said.

"Models are obliged to." River mocked.

He winced in pain once more and grunted in frustration.

"Okay you did that one on purpose. Now you're just provoking me."

"Only because its fun. And you're just overexaggerating."

"I'm not! It fucking hurts!"

"Girls do this all the time though."

"Girls also give birth to something the size of a watermelon through something the size of a penny. I'm pretty convinced that girls aren't even human."

I chuckled at how irritated the lady was making River. Now he'll learn not to beat up on people so much.

"Angie the photoshoot starts in 10 minutes, try to speed it up a little." The man in charge, the owner of the modeling agency, stated. "River, your co-model is already waiting on the platform. Try to be nice."

"Um, have you met Lindsay?" He asked. "Its almost impossible to be nice to her.

Speaking of which, the director of the photoshoot needed a female model as well and I knew that Cass wouldn't be comfortable with one of Allison's friends being all up on River so I asked (forced) Lindsay to do it. I mainly forced her to do it because of the fact that her and River still aren't on the best terms and I figured this would change that.

Boy was I wrong.

"Okay River, you're all done and you look even more handsome than before. I didn't even realize that was possible."

"Its not." He stated. "I'm as handsome as it gets."

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness and followed him to the room where they were doing the photoshoot. I sat in a chair by the photographer as River stepped onto the platform.

"I promised myself I wouldn't do this again. But here I am.... Doing this again." He mumbled to himself. "Hey can we get started? I have somewhere to be at 6."

"We're just waiting for Lindsay" Said the guy.

"I didn't ask who we were waiting for Bradley." He responded to the guy who I assumed was Bradley.

"Oh shutup. I'm here." Lindsay stated as she walked in.

"How come you're just wearing sweats and a tank top?" River asked.

"Because my hands are gonna be the only thing in the pictures stupid."

"Why just your hands?"

His question was answered when a woman walked in with shaving cream and a razor.

His eyes got huge and Lindsay and I just about died laughing.

"No way. You're not shaving my face." He protested.

"She has to River. The whole point of the photoshoot is about transformation." Said Bradley.

"Is that why you made them put makeup on me?" He stared unconvinced.

"Yes. That's exactly why."

"Well if that's the case then I'm just gonna transform my ass back home." He retorted.