Chapter 32: Big Uh Oh

Cassidy's P.O.V.

(1 week later)

I ran upstairs and to my bathroom as fast as I could. As soon as I got to the toilet I began throwing up. And let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight.

After what seemed like forever I finally stopped. I leaned over the toilet and tried to catch my breath thinking of what could have possibly been wrong with me. This was the 2nd time in two days that I'd thrown up.

Riley walked into the bathroom and kneeled down beside me as he placed his hand on my back.

"You alright sis?" He asked with concern in his voice.

"Yea, I'm fine." I assured him. "I think I'm just coming down with something."

"You sure?" He asked. I could tell he didn't believe me.

"Yes Riley I'm sure! Now could you leave and give me some space please?!" I shouted at him.

He looked at me weird and hesitantly stood up and walked away.

"Grumpy ass." He mumbled.

After I felt okay enough I left the bathroom and laid across my bed. All I wanted was a nap.

But then my phone rang.

I frustratedly looked at it and saw that it was Lindsay. To be honest, if it had been anyone else I would've rejected it.

"Hey Lindsay what's up?" I said as I answered it.

"Not too much just wondering what you guys are up to. I tried calling Max but he didn't answer." She replied.

"We're all kinda just doing our own thing today. Max isn't here he's at his parent's place."

"Oh okay. So how's everything going down there? How are you and your prince charming?"

I laughed at the fact that she always called him that.

"We're doing fine actually. He's changed A LOT since we had our talk. Though he's definitely still a bit of an asshole." I responded.

"That figures. She stated. "So how are you personally?"

"I'm good as well. I've been throwing up a bit occasionally though. Feel pretty crappy."

Then she asked me something that I'd never considered.

"Are you pregnant?"

"Oh god no Lindsay. I'm not pregnant." I quickly assured her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Because I.... I just- do." I said. "I'm definitely not."

"Well have you and River had sex?" She asked me.

"Yea but-"

"And how long ago was that?" She interrupted with another question.

"Our first time was two weeks ago but we've had sex a few times since then."

"Did you use protection?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes at her curiosity.

"No. No we didn't." I bluntly stated.

"Cassie, you seriously could be pregnant." She replied. "You said that your first time was two weeks ago and that you didn't use protection. And to top it off, you're throwing up out of no where."

There was no way she was right. I couldn't be pregnant. Hell no.

"Cassidy? You there?" I heard her say, snapping me out of my daze.

"Yea." I solemnly said.

I didn't wanna be pregnant.

"You should go take a pregnancy test or something to be sure. And don't tell River yet until you're absolutely sure."

Dammit. I forgot about River. Just the thought of what he might do scared me.

"Lindsay, what if I really am pregnant? I'm not ready for something that big. I haven't even graduated college yet. And River- what if he doesn't want a kid?"

"Cassidy, don't freak out. He loves you."

"I don't know about that..." I replied.

"What do you mean?"

"He still hasn't said 'I love you". Everytime I say it he just smiles and kisses me."

"Just give it time girl. And even if he doesn't want a kid he's not just gonna leave you. You know that." She said trying to comfort me.

"I don't know, he's kinda a jackass."

"But he's not a deadbeat."

"Yea, I guess so...we'll hey I'm gonna go buy a pregnancy test to see if this is really happening or not. I'll call you and let you know the results."

"You'd better! Love you Cassie."

"Love you too."

And with that I hung up the phone, grabbed my mom's car keys, and headed to Walmart.

I went to aisle that the pregnancy tests were on and picked up the best one I could find. As I was reading the directions while walking to the check out line I bumped into someone and immediately looked up to apologize. But when I saw who it was my body froze up.

It was the man I'd bumped into once before when I was here with River and Riley.

"Well hi there sweet cheeks. Long time no see." He said. His voice was extremely deep and raspy but not in an attractive way.

I couldn't bring myself to respond. I was literally frozen.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you. In fact I have no problem with you. But I want you to tell River something. Tell him that he's not as invincible as he thinks he is..... And congratulations."

He winked at me and walked away as I stood there, frozen, with a pregnancy test in my hand.

"Well then..." I said to myself.

I paid for the test and headed home, not sure what to expect. Once I got to the house I was greeted by my dad.

"Hey what do you have there?" He asked as he eyed the bag I was holding.

"Oh uh... tampons." I lied.

He gave me a curious look that clearly said he knew I was lying.

"Um, Oooookay." He replied.

Trying to avoid a further conversation, I quickly kissed his cheek and ran upstairs to my room. If I really was pregnant he'd be the last person I'd tell.

River was in the backyard with Danny but I knew that wouldn't last for long so I hurriedly went into the bathroom and did three tests. After I was done I placed them on the counter. Fear and nervousness flowed through me. A part of me didn't even wanna look at them...but I had no choice.

I took a deep breath and slowly lowered my eyes down to see the results.
.
.
.
.
.