Chapter 166: This Is It.

Max's P

Max's P.O.V.

"How was I supposed to know that was your therapist's crazy ass wife?" Asked River as we drove along the highway.

"Dad, you have a therapist?" Asked Morgan.

"Why dont you have one Dad?" Kai asked River.

"No I dont have a therapist. And that's a good question Kaiser." I stated. "And dude it doesn't matter who it was, I told you to hide."

"When have you ever known me to hide from my problems?"

"You should have! Instead of making up that fake ass story about your uncle being the king of the fucking Czechoslovakian empire! Which doesn't even exist!"

"You've gotta admit though, I managed to make that pretty convincing."

"Yea yea yea now shutup my phone's ringing."

I pulled my phone out to look at it and saw that the number was unknown though I answered it anyways.

"Hello?"

"Whoa, I didn't think you'd actually answer. How's it been?"

"Who is this?"

"Oh wow has it really been so long that you don't remember my voice?"

"Am I supposed to remember it?"

"Why don't you put me on speaker so that both you and River can hear what I'm about to say."

"Um... Okay?"

I put the phone on speaker and nudged River's elbow to get his attention.

"I guess I'll start by introducing myself... Again.... Even though you know me..." The man began. "This is Mark. Mark Shepard."

River and I looked at eachother in confusion.

"You're supposed to be in prison" I stated.

"Yea. Supposedly.... Anyways, I want you two to meet me at a remote location that I'll text to you. You have an hour."

"Why would we do that?" Asked River.

"You don't have to. But, if you wanna see your wife again, I'd suggest you come."

He quickly snatched the phone out of my hand.

"If you lay a finger on her I swear to god today will be the last day you live to see."

"You and your son are just alike. What's his name again? Roman? He's been trash talking me and my men ever since we got here."

"You have my son?"

"Yes. And your brother. And... Others..."

"Send us the address." I said as I took the phone from River.