Chapter 43: Don't Judge a Book

I knocked on Max's front door though he wasn't the one to open it.

Grayson did.

"Whoa little guy you're not supposed to be opening doors for people." I said as I picked him up and walked in.

"But Max is busy shaving." He replied.

"Max is always shaving." I retorted. "It's kind of his thing."

"Grayson, who was that at the door?" Max yelled from upstairs.

"Oh just a random person that loves to kidnap 5 year olds that open front doors without adult supervision." I yelled back.

"Oh, hey Cassie." He greeted with amusement.

Suddenly a man that looked a bit older than me walked into the living-room from the kitchen with a sandwich in his hand. He smiled when he saw me and walked up to me.

"Hi there, I'm Reese." He said as he held out his sandwich-free hand.

"I'm Cassidy." I replied as I shook it.

"Oh so you're Cassidy. I've heard a lot about you. You're even prettier in person."

"Thank you." I chuckled. "And who are you exactly?"

"I'm Reese...." He said.

I raised a eyebrow. Maybe he didnt understand the question.

"No I mean like who are you."

"Reese...." He replied once again with a confused look.

I facepalmed myself and he laughed.

"I'm just playing around." He said. "I'm a friend of River and Max."

"Really? How come I've never seen you before?"

"Because I've lived in New York for the past 4 years and I just moved back to Minnesota last weekend."

"Oh nice. So how'd you meet them?"

"I met them back when we were kids at.... Uh.... wait, do you know about Blairwood?"

"Blairwood? Whats that?" I asked.

"I'll take that as no. In that case, I met them through a mutual friend."

"But you just said-"

"Forget what I said." He cut me off. "Nice meeting you."

He casually walked back into the kitchen leaving me in complete and utter confusion.

I sat down on the couch with Grayson and figured I'd just talk to him for a bit until River got there.

"So Grayson, have you been having fun with Max?"

"Yes!" He excitedly screamed. "We played spidew-man. I was spidew-man and Max was Gween Goblin. I beat him!"

"Hm, that's interesting." I said with a slight smile trying to imagine Max battling it out with Grayson.

"I miss Jenna." He randomly said. A small frown formed on his face and he lowered his head.

"Who's Jenna?" I asked.

"My big sistew." He sadly replied.

"You have a sister? Where is she?"

"With aunt Macy."

"How old is Jenna?"

"13."

Wow. Now this changes everything.