Chapter 189: Blessed.

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"You okay?" I asked Kai as I walked into the mancave and sat next to him in one of the recliners.

"Yea." He replied with a slight smile.

"So what happened out there on the field? That flip was amazing."

"I just remembered everything Dad taught me when he used to help me practice. Like how to be quick and think smart..... And Mom, can I ask you something?"

"Of course sweetheart."

"Do you believe me?"

"About what?"

"That I really saw him."

"I do believe you." I answered honestly. "What else did he say to you, besides the whole Sehrem thing.."

"He just said that he was proud of me, to never lose faith, and to always protect you and Meadow. And that its my responsibility to look after my baby sister or brother."

That took me by surprise considering the only people that knew about my pregnancy were Sehrem, Raes, Simartè, Journey, Lindsay, and Julie.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're having another baby. Dad told me." He replied. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And I'll be a good big brother, I won't ever let anything happen to him or her. Dad made me promise."

That genuinely brought tears to my eyes. I honestly didn't know how to react.

"Is he visiting you anytime soon again?" I asked.

"No. He's not coming back." He responded a bit more solemnly. "He said that its time for him to go and that its my job to finish where he left off and to never forget who I'm fighting for. I promised him that I'll make him proud."

I wiped away my fallen tears and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so blessed to be able to call you my son."

"I know." He giggled.