Chapter 117: The Rift

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"You can't ground me you're my sister!" Riley argued.

"I'm sorry, would you rather me tell mom and dad the truth about how your leg got broken or...?"

He rolled his eyes and mumbled "No."

"Don't worry its not just you. All three of you are grounded."

"This isn't fair."

"Oh trust me, its totally fair. If you knew just what River was planning you'd be THANKING me that I convinced him that grounding you three was enough."

"Whatever." He said as he walked away.

We were just finishing up packing our things into the vehicles and saying our goodbyes to the rest of our family.

Ryan and AJ had showed up about 30 minutes earlier with a kid named Benji that they were happily adopting.

I swear with the amount of kids we now had it was enough to run a small school.

"Watch over them for me." I heard dad tell River as I went past them to talk to mom.

River looked over at me and smiled. "Of course I will."

Mom pulled me and Riley, who had just walked up as well, into the tightest hug ever.

"I can't believe my babies are leaving the country for 6 months!" She exclaimed.

"Neither can I." Said Dad as he stood next to mom. "Please keep your brother out of trouble."

"I'll try." I laughed.

"And don't give your sister a hard time." Mom added as she looked at Riley.

"No promises." He replied.

They both stopped talking and just stared at us. Mom's eyes got watery and I could tell that dad was fighting back tears as well.

"Guys stop. If you two start crying then we're gonna start crying." Riley stated.

"Crying? Me?" Dad asked as he rubbed the newly formed tears out of his eyes. "I don't cry."

I giggled and hugged him as Riley hugged mom again. Just thinking about the fact that we weren't gonna be allowed to stay in contact with our parents while we were in France was heartbreaking.

"I'm gonna miss you sooo much dad." I said. "You're like my bestfriend."

"I'm gonna miss you too babygirl. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start having withdrawals from not being able to fuss and yell at you two for 6 months."

"Dad..." I chuckled.

We finished saying goodbye to mom and dad then Riley went over to where Elise and Madison were while I went over to River and his parents as well as Legend and Max.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arm around him as his dad talked to him.

"I know you two think I'm being hard on you but its the truth. You and Max are responsible for everything that happens out there. You're responsible for keeping everyone safe because you two are the most capable of doing so. And in order to do that you have to keep eachother safe. River, you have to make sure that Max restrains from letting things get to him because when he lets them he snaps. And Max, you have to make sure that River controls that temper of his because when he loses it all hell breaks loose. And Cassidy...." He looked at me. "You have to make sure that these two don't fall out. Make sure that they don't kill eachother please. If anything you have the most important job."