House of Windsor

• Dedicated to My hero, Kate Middleton

My name is Dayna. I am 12 and I am what I call different from other people. You see I love the royal family. I live in London so I know all the action that goes on. I've been to most of the royal palaces in London or in the outskirts. I've also been to the Mews, The Tower of London and all the other historical places including HMS Belfast once. Anyway, I love Kate Middleton. I love her fashion and everything about her. I always scribble in my diary what she does, wears and where she goes.

It was like any other day. I was walking home from school. I decided to go the long way along Oxford Street. You see I live with my sister. However my parents are always away on business trips. My sister doesn't treat me with respect. She rips up my homework so I have no excuse but to say the dog got to it.

However I was walking along and next thing I knew was a bike was riding towards me. The person on the bike shoved out their hand and pushed me over. I hit the ground really fast. My head was spinning like a top. I lay on the ground. I knew my sister would kick my butt when I got in for being late home. She'd think I had got up to mischief or something.

The next thing I knew was I heard footsteps. They got louder and louder. My head was still spinning but I could hear.

"Oh my. You poor thing! Are you alright?". It was a woman. I slowly got onto my knees and looked. My head stopped spinning. Next thing I knew who it was. It was Kate! As soon as I saw her, my head stopped spinning. I could see and hear clear.

"Yes. I'm sure I'm fine" I said it quietly as my voice hadn't perked up yet. "Oh I think you should lie down. Maybe you'll feel a bit better then" Kate helped me to my feet. "Oh. Your Highness" I tried to sound polite. She looked at me. "You know who I am?" She sounded startled. "Of course I know. You're the Duchess of Cambridge! You're the most perfect person I've heard of!" I smiled.

She looked at me. "You really think so?" She blushed a bit. "Of course! I'm Dayna. Dayna Miller" I smiled and held out my hand to shake. "Oh it's a pleasure Dayna! It is so wonderful to meet you. As you may know, I am Catherine. But please call me Kate" Kate seemed so friendly. "If I had a bunch of flowers, I give them to you, but I don't have much money on me right now" I shrugged.

"Oh it is fine. Listen, how about I get you to a doctor?" Kate suggested. "You must have hurt your head in some form". I agreed. "Please come in the car. I'll take you there". Kate and I set off in the car to the doctors.

"Oh you'll be fine Dayna. You just had a bit of a bump. You may have a bit of a sore head for about another hour but if you rest, then you'll be fine. I do suggest taking tomorrow off school just in case it isn't better by tomorrow" The doctor sounded assuring.

When Kate and I were leaving, I started to unfold to her. "I suppose you better get home" Kate suggested. "I don't really want to leave" I sighed. Kate seemed really worried. "Why is there something wrong at home?" Kate bent down and spoke to me. "It's just I don't have any family. Only my sister. I don have parents but they're always away on business trips. Just now there in Milan discussing a big deal for a busines promotion" I told her every bit of the truth.

Kate thought for about a minute before she told me something, this would change my life! "I know somewhere you can stay. I'm sure William and George won't mind but you can come to Apartment 1a and stay with us in Kensington Palace". I mean staying with royals! I'm so glad I took the Oxford Street way home now! I immediately agreed.

We got in the car and Kate and I set off for Kensington Palace. When it came in sight, I fizzed up with excitement. I remember during my weekends, I used to save my pocket money and use it to buy an underground ticket and come to the palace gardens and have a great time. However I hadn't done that in ages, as my sister used to lock the doors and hide the key so I spent my weekends at home.