Chapter 34: Horror Strikes

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"River...stop!!!" I laughed as he continued to tickle the daylights out of me.

We were on the floor and he was sitting on me with his knees on my arms preventing me from escaping.

To make matters worse, he leaned down and started kissing my neck while still tickling me so I was now laughing AND moaning.

"River!!! Seriously stop!!" I managed to plead in between breaths.

"But I don't want to." He replied.

"I don't care! Stop!" I tried to be serious but I couldn't stop laughing and his kisses became even more ecstatic.

Eventually he stopped the tickling and got off of me.

He just stood over me and held his hand out as he stared down with that smirk.

That stupid smirk that I'd come to love so much.

As he stood over me I couldn't help but stare at his body. His abs looked even more toned than usual and his V line was just amazing.

"You gonna keep staring me down or are you gonna take my hand?"

I laughed and grabbed his hand. He pulled me up to my feet with ease and as soon as I was stable I jumped and wrapped my legs around him. I kissed him as he just stood there holding me, smiling. I ran my hand through his hair. That was a habit of mine now, playing with his hair.

Suddenly my bedroom door opened and Xander walked in.

"Ew. Gross." He said with a disgusted look.

I laughed and pulled away from the kiss.

"What do you want Xander?" I asked him.

"Mom wants to talk to you in her room."

"Okay. Now get out." I demanded.

"Okay now get out." He mocked me with a higher pitched voice.

"Xander!" I yelled.

He laughed and closed the door.

I returned my attention back to River who was still holding me. I stared down into his eyes and quickly got lost in them. I couldn't believe that after all this time, his eyes still had that affect on me. I still couldn't believe that he was mine. And only mine.

"What?" He asked noticing that I was still staring at him.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?" I asked. "They're so cold yet so warm at the same time. Full of mysteriousness and emotion and desire."

"So basically, like me?" He joked.

I nodded yes. "Exactly like you."

I stared just a bit longer and something came into my mind.

"River... there's something I have to tell you." I stated.

Concern filled his face as he put me down.

"Yes?" He said.

I took a deep breath... but then chickened out. There was no way I was ready to tell him.

"Nevermind."

"Baby, what's on your mind?" He asked.

I shook my head nothing.

"You know, I've noticed that you've been a little more reclusive for the past few days. Especially towards me. Did I do something?"

I placed both of my hands on each side of his face.