Amazing Day (pt. 3)

Alex POV:

Leah and I plotted about what we were going to do about the others. I wasn't supposed to be stressed out, but I didn't feel any bit of stress at all. In fact, I felt stronger, knowing that I wasn't going to let them get to me. Now that I had Leah and Lauren on my side, I wasn't facing this on my own. I was not about to let them ruin my last year of school. Especially not over dumb petty shit.

My thoughts were interrupted by the rustling of keys in the front door. The door flew open with Chris behind it, followed by Phil.

"Hello darling", my father greeted me. He looked over at Leah then back over at me, looking confused.

"It's okay", I jumped up before he could say anything. "Leah came over to make sure I was fine. She and Lauren weren't in on the whole situation but thought it was awful once they found out about it."

"Oh. Alright.", he replied understandingly. "How are you doing Leah?"

"I'm good."

"But I decided I'm not going to let the others bring me down.", I cut back in turning to my dad. "They're even threatening Leah now! So we're not gonna take this crap anymore."

"Alex, being violent doesn't solve anything."

"We're gonna solve this somewhat maturely", I mumbled. "We're not going to come on violently or physically. It's about time they got what they deserve."

"I just don't think you should do this", he tried to convince me.

"You were the one who said this morning I shouldn't run from my problems, right? Well that's exactly the opposite of what I'm doing."

After a period of silence he finally responded. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

"Yes dad."

"Okay well what exactly is it that you guys are trying to do?."

"Please trust me when I say you'll find out when we're done", I said trying to sound confident. To be completely honest Leah and I had no idea what we were actually  going to do. We started thinking about a few ideas but we thought it'd be best if we just waited until Lauren got here.

"Alright sweetie, I'll take your word that you'll solve this maturely.", he sighed. "But just remember whatever you do, your mom is watching you."

This was true. I always think about how my mom would react to choices before I make them. But then again sometimes I'm not sure how she would react. Like right now I feel like she'd be proud of me for finally standing up for myself or be mad at me for the mischief I'm bound to get in. Either way he was right.

I smiled at him while I watched him disappear up the stairs with Phil.

"I'll be right back", said Leah making her way to the bathroom.

Just then I heard a vibration. I looked at the glass table in front of me to see Leah's phone light up. I looked back before I picked up the phone. There was a text from Lauren on the lock screen that read:

"Thank goodness Alex is okay! I was really worried about her. I'll be over around 3-ish"

I felt a lot of relief. Now I knew for sure this wasn't a set up. Of course I trusted Leah but I still had a little bit of doubt that this could be a trick. I locked her phone and put it back on the table before she came back.

We watched another movie to pass time. Lauren finally came around 3 like she said she would. Just like Leah, she was very apologetic and said she missed me a lot. After taking some time to catch up, we started plotting.

"So what are you guys thinking?", Lauren asked.

"Well we know that we want to be mature but also get our point across", I explained.

"We're not gonna stoop to their level because that won't solve anything.", Leah added.

"Why don't we just talk to them?", Lauren suggested. "We can be mature, get our point across, and not stoop their level. Instead of starting the stupid rumors and threats they're starting, we'd be direct and to their faces."

"You know what? You're right Laur.", I agreed. "We're all humans, and there's no reason we shouldn't be able to talk it out."

"It's not gonna work.", Leah argued. "They're too immature. It's gonna be like trying to tell a little kid not do something; it's only gonna make them want to do it more."

"But what do we have to lose? If we talk to them and they don't want to listen, then we can do something else.", I said trying to stay positive. "At least we can say we tried."

Lauren seemed to agree with me but Leah was more opposed. "I don't think this will work but let's give it a shot.", she sighed.

"Where are they right now?", I asked.

"Idk probably at that stupid skate park.", Lauren said jokingly but Leah nodded.

"I think you're right. They hang out there a lot.", Leah said pointing at Lauren.

"Well then let's go!", I said getting up to put on shoes.

"How are we gonna get there?", Lauren asked. My brother isn't coming back here for me until later."

"I can drive, you know.", Leah said picking up her car keys. I didn't even realize she drove here, myself. I assumed she walked.

"Dad! Phil! We'll be back!", I yelled from down the stairs before leaving.

The whole car ride there you could just feel the animosity. We were ready for whatever they had in store. And we sure as hell were not backing down.