Rain and Books

Info - meet cute, desperation, instalove

"Hello," the word had sounded so unique the first time I'd heard it. Of course it wasn't, but it was him. He was unique. He was Timothée . My Timothée as I'd begun to think of him.

"The Cruel Prince?" He asked me on one of our many encounters. They only lasted fifteen minutes at most but honestly I felt like they lasted decades. All those little moments added up to a millennium for me.

"Yes, it's an enemies to lovers story and it's one of my favorites," I smiled, caressing the cover delicately.

"Actually," I said and approached him. His breath hitched as I pressed myself against him and flicked a stray curl.

"You look a lot like how I picture the love interest," I smirked.

"Is uh," he gulped. "Is he one of your literary crushes?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"So your type?"

"Absolutely," I nodded.

"I see," he said weakly.

That Christmas he'd given me the deluxe version of the first book in that series. I was shocked, but so happy. I'd gotten him the book Dune. I was surprised we'd both decided to get one another a gift, yet we had not seen one another out of this place.

"Y/n," said a desperate voice. It was raining outside and I'd come in here for shelter since I had no raincoat, but also because it reminded me of him and I missed his smell and calming aura.

I turned to see a drenched Timothée, only a bit more wet than I was myself. He looked distraught. He didn't say a word but came to me and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back adoringly. We were both soaked but we pressed ourselves against one another and our hands tangled in one another's dripping tendrils of hair.

"I need you to be mine, because I feel like I can't live if you aren't. I want to live out every book fantasy with you, if only it would be enough, if only I could give you every adventure you ever wanted."

"You're the only one I need," I said gently and kissed him again.