Now I Know

Info - drunk Timmy, afraid of commitment, drunk kiss

I answered the call without knowing it was Timothée. I was chomping pretzels while watching my comfort movie. Timothée had suggested a break, or maybe I had. I didn't know but I felt miserable.

"Hello?"

"Mon amour," the voice was weak and miserable.

"Timothée?" I asked.

"I'm really drunk," he sobbed.

"I can tell," I said slowly, so he would understand me.

"Please?" I hung up immediately and was racing to his house. I slammed my fist against his door.

"Timothée!" I screamed. He pulled me in and slammed his lips against mine. He was doing everything I liked. One hand ran up my dress, the other in my hair. He let his vocalization ring through the house. I forced him off.

"I'm just trying to be anything you want," he said, and I realized he was crying.

"Timmy," I pulled him to me. I ran my hands through his hair.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why a break, I've been dying," he sniffled.

"You accepted it," I said quietly.

I'd asked him where we were going and he'd been so quiet. I said ,"so you don't have a plan?" And he had said, "you said it not me." We'd agreed we needed a break to assess. It may have been led by me, but he'd seemed all too accepting.

"I was scared," he said shakily. "Scared to say what I wanted to say."

"Tell me, you're drunk, so don't feel anxious now. I came because I love you, and you told me you love me."

"It's more than that," he nearly Sobbed.

"Tell me angel," I said, and guided him to the couch. I pulled him onto my lap, a rare occurrence when he felt especially raw.

"I want you forever," he whispered. "I love you, but more than that, I want to marry you. I want kids and a life, and being shut down would kill me. Better to never have hope than to get to the point of no return."

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I'm a wreck, do I even make you happy? That's all I want! I don't ever want to lose you, but I self sabotaged."

"Timothée, I want all that with you. I'll remind you again when you're sober. Now that I know you're feeling this way, fuck, I'm so happy."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, I didn't want a break, but I did want you to be sure of me. Now I know."