Miss My Wife

Info - divorce, splitting up family, nightmare

"So it's settled, you take Annie, and I'll take Hal," I said as I signed the paper.

"I'm moving to France by the way, too many memories in New York," he said as he scribbled his signature.

I woke from the nightmare I often had. I missed him like he'd left a hole in my heart. I went to the crib. Hal looked so much like his father. I held him tight as I sobbed.

Timothée and I had been married for five years, then I'd had twins. The stress had driven us apart. Signing those divorce papers was the worst thing I'd ever done. It'd only been six months. I'd never counted time like this. Never had monthaversaries with Timothée, but now, when every minute without him weighed on me, I knew exactly how much time had passed since that fateful day.

I was very surprised to hear a knock at my door. I didn't bother to hide my tears as I took Hal to the door with me. My family and friends all knew how I felt.

"No matter what I do," said Timothée, bouncing a sobbing baby. "She won't stop crying. I remembered you were always better at soothing her."

"T-Timmy," I said in shock.

"I think she misses her brother, and her mommy," he said and handed me the small girl. She immediately quieted down. She was sleeping within seconds.

"And I miss my wife," he said in a whisper.

"Come home," I begged and he wrapped me in his arms and kissed me, the four of us a happy family again.