Defensive Dad

Warnings - protective dad Timmy

"Daddy I got married today," Noon said in a cheery voice. Timothée slammed on the breaks of our car.

"Timmy," I placed a hand on his arm. He shook his head, jaw locked. He plastered on a fake smile, knowing his daughter like to rile him up sometimes, just like her mother.

"Did you?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Yeah! I married my boyfwiend," she said in a sing song voice.

"What's his name?" Timothée asked after clearing his throat.

"Aiden," she replied happily. "He gave me a wing!" She said excitedly, showing me the gumball machine looking ring. She seemed to be very proud of it.

"Last week you told me you'd be my little girl forever and you weren't ever leaving home to get married," Timothée said, with almost a whine in his tone. I rubbed his arm soothingly.

"Dat was so long ago, dats when I was wittle, I'm a big girl now," she said confidently.

"I don't like this," Timothée whispered to me.

"I know," I said gently.

"Noon, you're making daddy very sad. He wants to be your favorite boy," I told her, with a smile.

"Silly daddy," she giggled. "You are!"

The next day, she was dating a boy named Noah, and Aiden's ring was left in her room. However, she still ran and jumped into Timothée's arms when we picked her up. Always her daddy's girl.