Sleepless Night

Warnings - mean Timmy, there's only one bed

"I'm sorry, I really just slipped my mind. I can sleep on the floor," he offered.

"No, it's okay," I said.

"It's only for two nights, then I can renew the reservation and fix it."

We climbed in to the bed together. I was very comfortable with Tim, even though he was technically my boss. I didn't mind sleeping in the same bed with him. I fell asleep quickly and easily.

The next morning Timothée was up before me. He wasn't speaking as I gave him the run down of the day.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"You snore like a bear," he said, crossing his arms. It would be comical if he didn't sound so mean.

"And you kicked me like ten times," he snapped.

"I'm, I'm sorry Timmy, I didn't-"

"And oh my fucking gosh you never shut up. I know today's schedule because you repeated about ten times last night."

I felt anger and shame boil up inside me. The rest of the day I was curt with Timothée. I was hurt he'd been so angry at me because of things I couldn't control, stemming from a problem he'd created.

"Alright, you want the same side again?" He asked that night with a yawn.

"I'm not sleeping in that damn bed," I snapped. "I'll be in the lobby if you need me."

"What, wait why?" He asked.

"You really need to ask that question?" I demanded.

"It's what I said isn't it?"

"Ya think?" I snarled.

"I'm sorry, I was grumpy. I want you to have a bed to sleep in," he said kindly.

"It's fine Timothée, I'll just go," I said.

"Absolutely not. If you sleep in the lobby, I'll follow you and sleep there too. You do so much for me, I shouldn't have been so harsh. I want you to have a good sleep."

"Fine, drama queen," I smiled. The next morning he regaled me with the tales he'd told me the night before. We laughed together at the ridiculousness.