Mixed Up

Warnings - abusive parent, disapproving Cudi, nervous Timmy

"Thanks for hanging with me in the studio today, your verses went hard. Like, I mean it, those were deep," Cudi smiled at me.

"Thanks! I'm just glad I had something interesting to pass the time or I'd be all jittery," I confessed.

"Why's that?"

"Timothée asked me out again tonight, I'm hoping he makes it official," I said, clapping my hands together in excitement.

Cudi's face fell. He nodded once, and went back to the sound board.

"What's the matter with you, you love Timothée," I said, turning him to me.

"Yeah, he's a good kid, I'm just not sure he's good for you," he said plainly.

"Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Baby girl, I heard those lyrics you were singing. Those were raw, and deep. If that's the way you feel about my boy, that relationship is straight up toxic. Im sorry to be the one to say it because I care about you both, but those feelings are not love."

"Cudi, why do you just assume those lyrics are about Timmy?" I asked.

"You mentioned green eyes," he pointed out.

"I have green eyes too," I said, pointing.

"Yeah, but you weren't singing about yourself."

"You're right, but you know who else has green eyes? My abusive father," I said, with my hands on my hips.

"Ohhh, shit," Cudi chuckled. "Im sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

"Probably not," I laughed.

"Alright, you have fun with my boy, y'all have my blessing now."

Later on the date it was clear that Timothée was absolutely smitten. He kept touching me, moving closer, and looking at me.

"Would you want to be my girlfriend," he said in a fast voice.

"Well," I said, pretending to think. "Since Cudi gave me his blessing today, I say yes."

"Kid Cudi?" Timothée asked in confusion. "What does he have to do with it?"

"I'll tell you later, but yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend."