What He Didn't Do

Info - bad relationship, ex wants you back, giving in

After dating Timothée once, I swore I'd never do it again. I'd never been out first, he was never home, and he lied when I asked where he'd been. It turned out he'd never cheated, he just like his "boys" better than me apparently. When I'd broken it off he hadn't even seemed to care.... For a while.

See, it'd been a month and suddenly my phone is blowing up with calls from him. I answered one once and he sounded distraught. He sounded like I'd wanted him to sound the day I broke things off. He was promising wild things, like therapy and changing and months holidays with just us two and begging, begging so intensely that I almost gave into him.

"Not after what you didn't do," I'd said and I'd let him piece together what I meant. Time went on and he tried it all. I was name dropped in interviews, which just made the fans hate me for "breaking his heart". He'd send flowers to my job, all of them went in the trash while the delivery person was still there so they could tell Timothée. He still called and called. After six months of trying, he gave it up. I was relieved, right? I should feel relieved, but I didn't. I liked him fighting for me, it was a quality he'd never had before.

It must've been fate that had us at this same concert, in seats so close together.

"I will get up on stage and steal the microphone and proclaim my feelings to you if need be," he said. He'd been nonstop pestering me about how this was meant to be and we were meant to be and I should stop pushing him away.

"Timothée just stop, you don't really want me."

"I do! I miss you every day, your skin, your laugh, your heart. I was the king of all assholes, let me make it up to you in any way possible," he begged.

"If I come back," I started and his eyes looked bright.

"Will you spend time with me?"

"As much as you like, I already feel like I can't get enough of you and we've only been sitting here twenty minutes," he chuckled.

"If you go back to -"

"I won't!"

"Okay, okay, one more chance," I agreed.

"Thank you," he said and kissed me hard. I sighed and leaned into it.

"I did miss that," I said.

"And I took it for granted, but not again," he said as he entangled our hands. As we watched the concert I was amazed to see how attentive he was to me. It proved to me that we'd be okay.